SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 6 of 10 < 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >
Topic Options
#235167 - 06/03/08 07:31 PM Re: Tyros 3 Preliminary Iinfo
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I am not interested in conjecture about Yamaha's in house market research. (We'll NEVER get to see it anyway, either to confirm OR deny!)

I would be interested in a non-Yamaha, independent poll of existing Yamaha users, like we tried here (except, of course, we MUST be a niche bunch of users to conclude differently than Holy Yamaha, mustn't we? )...

Mind you, I fully expect to see the same guff spouted even if PSRWorld comes up with significant numbers of 76 wishers. After all, anything that goes against the Yamaha Doctrine MUST be incorrect data, non-correlative nonsense, or an unrepresentative sample, mustn't it?

#235168 - 06/03/08 07:45 PM Re: Tyros 3 Preliminary Iinfo
Dnj Offline

SZ is just a minuscule tiny % in the research poles.......if it was worth it for Yamaha they would have made a 76 key arranger.

#235169 - 06/03/08 08:12 PM Re: Tyros 3 Preliminary Iinfo
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Why would they indeed?

I have a feeling the attitude is 'We're #1 already, why should we try any harder?'

Apparently, their market research also tell them they don't need MFD's with transpose stored, either (or all the other things YOU'D like to see, Donny)... Or is THAT a Yamaha mistake? Naahhhh...! Couldn't possibly be one. They KNOW what they are doing, don't they?

#235170 - 06/03/08 08:34 PM Re: Tyros 3 Preliminary Iinfo
Dnj Offline

exactly Diki...what just a few people need isn't what they worry about......they'll always be workarounds, needs & wants on every KB in the future.

#235171 - 06/03/08 10:09 PM Re: Tyros 3 Preliminary Iinfo
Bachus Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
SZ is just a minuscule tiny % in the research poles.......if it was worth it for Yamaha they would have made a 76 key arranger.

They don't even do research outside of Japan...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#235172 - 06/03/08 11:24 PM Re: Tyros 3 Preliminary Iinfo
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Most of the sound, styles and controls for the T2 were actually done in the UK and Europe; this is why it sounds so western. (Yamaha research the world market, not just Japan, which is why a lot of software design is done outside of Japan, and why European dealers can leak so much information before launch)

Bill

#235173 - 06/04/08 04:18 AM Re: Tyros 3 Preliminary Iinfo
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Bachus:
They don't even do research outside of Japan...

As Bill said, Yamaha research the world market.

Yamaha's incredible success with arrangers did not come about by guess work...they simply identified, by market research, the type of instrument wanted by the majority of home users...and they produced products to fit that description.

A highly detailed but user friendly OS, superb CD quality sound, great usable factory styles...that's what the majority of home users want according to Yamaha's market research, and, if sales success is any indication, they have delivered the goods.

Tyros3 will be the logical, not radical, step up from the very successful Tyros2.

Ian

#235174 - 06/04/08 05:47 AM Re: Tyros 3 Preliminary Iinfo
Dnj Offline

Exactly Ian......Home market majority rules in this game....the very small minority can look elsewhere for there needs....there are other choices. Yamaha cannot make everyone happy but a big worldwide chunk is all they need year after year to continue to be very successful in their Music Division for sure.

#235175 - 06/04/08 06:01 AM Re: Tyros 3 Preliminary Iinfo
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Yes, Donny, but let's not forget that Tyros and S900 are also used "as is" by Nashville Music Row for their writers when they brainstorm, and are also used by serious professionals like Melissa Manchester, Martina McBride, David Paich (Toto), David Bryant(Bon Jovi)and many others.

Pros know a good thing when they see it, and are clever enough to use it to their advantage.

You're one of them, aren't you?

Ian

#235176 - 06/04/08 06:14 AM Re: Tyros 3 Preliminary Iinfo
Dnj Offline

Ian yes I am...I may have strayed & tested the waters many times but as you well know I have always returned to Yamaha. I'll admit its not "perfect" for MY needs, but there is certainly more then enough including a few workarounds to keep me interested & able to perform successfully night after night. Im now resolved to be a bit more patient & will have a wait & see attitude in the meantime. Once you weigh the circumstances & features, for my needs Yamaha is the ticket for now.

Page 6 of 10 < 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online