SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#23475 - 12/29/98 12:44 AM A-33 - Need help with manual!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

I must admit that I'm slow on MIDI. I've read several books, but they don't "translate" to this product. Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated. For instance, how do I send a message to change the Bank and Sound Number to a Korg NS5R or a Kurzweil MicroPiano?
Any hints would be GREATLY appreciated. I love this forum - been reading it for a long time now....
mark

#23476 - 12/30/98 11:39 AM Re: A-33 - Need help with manual!!!
Fernando Justo Offline

Loc: Rio de Janeiro,Brazil
Hi Music41,
I actually have an A-90 but the A-33 may be a subset of it.
I supposed you know where the buttons program change and bank change are in the A-33 but it's not working.
I suggest you verify the following:
1)Is the A-33 properly connected to the sound module (the cable connecting MIDI OUT of A-33 and MIDI IN of module)? Could you hear the sound of the module when played on A-33?
2)Are the OUT button of the A-33 ON(for the MIDI OUT where the module is)?
If not it will send no messages to the module.
3)Are the sound module disabled to receive program change/bank change commands?
You have to read the kurzweil mannual to able it.

If you don't have this problem and are just wondering how a Roland product will interact with Korg and Kurzweil manufacturers, don't worry about it. The MIDI specification covers most of the protocol and the only commands that you may not send are related to program a patch of the module by the master keyboard, but once programmed, you will have no problem to play the module, change the sounds or include modulation, pitch bender, reverb or chorus.
Regards,
Fernando

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online