SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#234578 - 05/20/08 08:22 PM PA2x Arrived (aain) IN GREAT condition Thanks Frank
Kingfrog Offline

Loc: Myrtle beach SC
Well the second keyboard arrived today in excellent shape.

Thank you Frank at Audio Works. Now I'm waiting for Fed Ex to pick up the damaged one.

What a great keyboard. I play the Tyros 2 everyday at work and this keyboard trumps it. Well worth the wait.
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#234579 - 05/20/08 08:35 PM Re: PA2x Arrived (aain) IN GREAT condition Thanks Frank
Dnj Offline

Great news......what are your first impressions versus the T2?

Good Luck

#234580 - 05/20/08 08:57 PM Re: PA2x Arrived (aain) IN GREAT condition Thanks Frank
Kingfrog Offline

I play on the Tyros 2 everyday at the store. I would say I made a great choice. The Tyros is a great keyboard but there are many things it does not do as well as the Korg.

The Korg is a lot like my former Triton WS The Tyros is nothing like the Motif. That pretty much explains it in a nutshell. The sounds are equally great both have their "specialty" sounds. But the differences are hair splitting. I do like the "uncompressed" sound of the Korg. It is not as "polished" a little more raw. Thats a good thing for me.

The PA2x is has the look and feel of a pro keyboard. The wood gives it an "elegant" look in the studio. Where as the Tyros has a look of its own with the mounted plastic speakers and cutoff edges.

I like the sliders and am gong to order the video out put card for an old 32" LCDTV I need to find a use for.

So far 1st impressions are thumbs up but keep in mind a "prophet is without honor in their home town" The Yamaha IS my home town, and I am coming from a preference for KORG products in the Triton and the M1 before that. I am used to Korgs layout and touch screen. The learning curve is not as steep as they do a lot of things a like from the triton series on this board.

(Plus from what I have seen (or not seen on Ebay) IF I did not like it, it would be an easy sale and would bring more than the Tyros 2 which is nearing EOL.

As far as sounds go, I will pick up an S700 to fill the "holes" The Yamaha has some sounds that drarf those on the Korg. The Sorprano sax is very weak on the Korg as are some of the flutes and orchestral stuff. Yamaha generally has better acoustic sounds from what I have heard after a coupe hours of playing. but again the Korg is a complete workstation and the styles are in my opinion a lot better.

The flexibility of the board is better as well. Im not sure I like the action as well as the Tyros. But the difference is not huge.

In the end I agree with what many have said. The Yamaha has much better acoustic sounds and thats the only area where I believe the Tyros is better. To complete my sonic palette to my satisfaction an S700 would fill the gap nicely. I knew that going in from what I have read so no surprises there.

[This message has been edited by Kingfrog (edited 05-21-2008).]
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#234581 - 05/22/08 06:13 PM Re: PA2x Arrived (aain) IN GREAT condition Thanks Frank
zuki Offline

Glad to hear about the uneventful delivery on your 2nd PA2x. After the PA800 success for me now, I am licking my chops the day I get a PA2x live. Looking for a used one currently.

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Yamaha PSR SX900/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Senn 935/K&M stand/Shure SM57/Sony C80 (2)/Blue Encore 300

#234582 - 05/22/08 10:09 PM Re: PA2x Arrived (aain) IN GREAT condition Thanks Frank
Kingfrog Offline

How much to you expect to save getting a used one. They are few and far between. I would think used ones sell easily for $2900
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online