SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#234432 - 05/18/08 07:46 AM Re: Tyros 3 picture - this time its real!
Kingfrog Offline

Loc: Myrtle beach SC
Its a "HOME" keyboard. Yamaha wants to sell Motifs. There is no other Keyboard maker with such a small gap between the home and professional user. I suspect partly becasue Yamaha is the only keyboard make who actually makes real Pianos. This narrowa the gap between the week end gigger and the Home enthusiast.

Yamaha wants to keep their Motif line as the "Professional" players keyboard and the Arrangers for home use. IN that regard they keep them simple (unlike the Korg which few home enthusiasts are even aware of)

I have never had a customer who asked me about the differences between the PA800 and the s900. Most are not even aware of the other arrangers. Yamaha has far more exposure to the home keyboard buyer than Roland and especially Korg.

That said Yamaha will not release a 76 key version of the Tyros. They do not need to. The Home user is not asking for it. The professional user is buying the same engined Motif. (albeit without the arranger) and using Band in the Box for "Arranger funtions"

Thats why even though we are Yamaha dealers I bought the Korg over paying practically cost for the Tyros.

Now if I can find a cheap used S900 for those times when a 61 note board will suffice I will be in Arranger heaven.........
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#234433 - 05/18/08 01:46 PM Re: Tyros 3 picture - this time its real!
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
This time it's real .... FOR REAL!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQ4ZaAVexb0

(my dream is to be the guy in the center !)
enjoy! I'm thinking of recording this to my laptop and playing this song with the "real" boys as MY backup ! What a trip!

#234434 - 05/18/08 02:00 PM Re: Tyros 3 picture - this time its real!
Bachus Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Kingfrog:
Its a "HOME" keyboard. Yamaha wants to sell Motifs. There is no other Keyboard maker with such a small gap between the home and professional user. I suspect partly becasue Yamaha is the only keyboard make who actually makes real Pianos. This narrowa the gap between the week end gigger and the Home enthusiast.

Yamaha wants to keep their Motif line as the "Professional" players keyboard and the Arrangers for home use. IN that regard they keep them simple (unlike the Korg which few home enthusiasts are even aware of)

I have never had a customer who asked me about the differences between the PA800 and the s900. Most are not even aware of the other arrangers. Yamaha has far more exposure to the home keyboard buyer than Roland and especially Korg.

That said Yamaha will not release a 76 key version of the Tyros. They do not need to. The Home user is not asking for it. The professional user is buying the same engined Motif. (albeit without the arranger) and using Band in the Box for "Arranger funtions"

Thats why even though we are Yamaha dealers I bought the Korg over paying practically cost for the Tyros.

Now if I can find a cheap used S900 for those times when a 61 note board will suffice I will be in Arranger heaven.........

I totally disagree..

Korg keyboards are much closer to the Korg synths then Tyros to the Motifs...

Next to that Yamaha wants to sell Tyros, because the profit on a Tyros is much bigger then the profit on a Motif...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#234435 - 05/18/08 02:23 PM Re: Tyros 3 picture - this time its real!
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
KingFrog.... YES, absolutely right on the money!.... Like I've said before... Yamaha PRO division will not hear of any more competition with the Tyros etc... They already have seem some issues.... Because several Motif guys have complained that the Tyros SA voices sound better than their PRO boards! I personally believe there is some boundrys set... Never to be crossed by an arranger.

So if the Tyros 2(3) is the function and sound ya like, but you want more real estate...just add a inexpensive MIDI keyboad under it and ENJOY! The CME 61 or 76 has almost the same feel and has aftertouch also.

That way you have plenty of real estate for left and right. And it looks and works super!

61 is OK for me as long as I have my lower keybed too. Without it I would be wanting a 76.

Lee

#234436 - 05/18/08 04:10 PM Re: Tyros 3 picture - this time its real!
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Well, if we lived in some parallel universe, where Yamaha were the ONLY arranger maker, I'm sure some of this might make a lick of sense. But we don't

Neither Korg, nor Roland seem to have ANY problem whatsoever with arrangers with 76 keys competing against their WS's. Maybe because they assume that a sale for Roland or Korg is a sale for Roland or Korg, no matter WHAT type of keyboard it is...

And the Korg is the ONLY arranger that it's basic feature set (editing, sampling, voice creation, etc.) is almost identical to it's WS line (at least the older Tritons). Neither Yamaha, nor Roland have ANYTHING from their WS line in the OS. Some samples, and the underlying main synth chip (but with ALL the WS features disabled) is all that they have in common. The rest is entirely arranger based.

And that old chestnut of the WS boys complaining that the T2's SA voices sound better... Well, that's the EXACT proof that the 'divisional rivalry' theory is bunkum. If there WERE any divisional rivalry, the MotifXS line would have NEVER gotten the SA technology in the first place. After all, the arranger division invented it and implemented it first!

Might as well blame the Freemasons! Those damn Rosicrucians are always messing things up for the 'pro' arranger player

#234437 - 05/18/08 09:39 PM Re: Tyros 3 picture - this time its real!
Kingfrog Offline

Loc: Myrtle beach SC
Quote:
Korg keyboards are much closer to the Korg synths then Tyros to the Motifs...

THATS why I chose the Korg over the Yamaha.

I believe Yamaha wants to keep the gap between the Motif and Tyros wide unlike Korg. Because they seemingly have different divisions for their home and "professional" keyboards. Tyros is solidly in their HOME division. That's where they want it. The $7000 Clavinova is an S900 all dressed up minus the four real time pads
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#234438 - 05/18/08 09:55 PM Re: Tyros 3 picture - this time its real!
Bachus Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Well, if we lived in some parallel universe, where Yamaha were the ONLY arranger maker, I'm sure some of this might make a lick of sense. But we don't

Neither Korg, nor Roland seem to have ANY problem whatsoever with arrangers with 76 keys competing against their WS's. Maybe because they assume that a sale for Roland or Korg is a sale for Roland or Korg, no matter WHAT type of keyboard it is...

And the Korg is the ONLY arranger that it's basic feature set (editing, sampling, voice creation, etc.) is almost identical to it's WS line (at least the older Tritons). Neither Yamaha, nor Roland have ANYTHING from their WS line in the OS. Some samples, and the underlying main synth chip (but with ALL the WS features disabled) is all that they have in common. The rest is entirely arranger based.

And that old chestnut of the WS boys complaining that the T2's SA voices sound better... Well, that's the EXACT proof that the 'divisional rivalry' theory is bunkum. If there WERE any divisional rivalry, the MotifXS line would have NEVER gotten the SA technology in the first place. After all, the arranger division invented it and implemented it first!

Might as well blame the Freemasons! Those damn Rosicrucians are always messing things up for the 'pro' arranger player

I am expecting a lot from Roland, When they want to steal T3 out of a lot of potentiall customers, they will announce a new key that has a lot of feautures from their high end Phantom G workstations/AT 900 organs/GT synth before Oktober..

Yamaha didn't invent SA voices it was done in software vst samplers before the T2 was released.. they only where the first one to implement it in a hardware environment..

http://keyszone.boards.net

#234439 - 05/19/08 03:16 AM Re: Tyros 3 picture - this time its real!
to the genesys Offline

One point that is assumed but not proved is that a 76 Tyros would automatically mean that it would be a “pro” keyboard.
If a pro has a Tyros it would be because of the sounds and features not the 76 keys (as we can see by the ones who use it on this forum). The point about a 76 key Tyros taking away sales from the pro division of Yamaha is not supported. If a “pro”/WS user wanted a Tyros, he/she would have gotten it already because of the sounds whether it is 61 or 76 keys.

Another wrong assumption is that if the Tyros were 76 keys “home” users would not buy it. Why?? With all the discussion, no-one has presented a reason why a home user who has a 61 key Tyros would not buy a 76 key.
Quite the opposite has been demonstrated. Just look at the physical difference between the T1 and T2.
As long as it is not heavier and much longer, as long as it is not much more expensive and as long as it has the superior sounds, styles and OS, a 76 key Tyros would not bother those who have a 61 key Tyros already. After all, a 76 key Tyros would not have anything that would drastically change the Tyros and would not affect the Tyros in a negative way. The only change is that it would have 15 more keys which if they do not want it they can choose to ignore. The same way that the T3 will have a MP3 player they can choose to ignore it.

#234440 - 05/19/08 03:23 AM Re: Tyros 3 picture - this time its real!
to the genesys Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by TommyF:
Check out this Hungarian music store:
http://bolthely.hu/hangszerabc/id/00567_YAMAHA_Tyros_3_szintetizator

61 keys with Toch Response and After Touch
128-voice polyphony
1312 Voices incl. 23 Mega Voices
47 Super Articulation Voices and 5 Super Articulation 2 Voices
450 Styles with 4 variations
7 Slider for Real-Time Control e.g. for Drawbar-Organs
Great Graphic-Colour-Display for score, lyrics and text
Harddisk-Recorder: Play 2 Stereo Tracks / Rec 1 Stereo Track
Microphon-connection and Vocal Harmony
USB 2.0 Technology: USB-to host and 2 x USB-to device
LAN-Port for Internet Direct Connection (IDC)
Video-Out and RGB-Port
brandnew Tone-Generation
new Live! Concert Grand Piano
new Mega Voices
new Super Articulation and Super Articulation2 Voices
new Sweet!, Cool! and Live! Voices
new Drumkits
more and new Styles
new DSP-Blocks for Styles
enhanced Harddisc-Recorder
9 Slider for Real-Time-Control
USB 2.0 Technology and LAN-Port

Kind regards,
Tommy

[This message has been edited by TommyF (edited 05-17-2008).]

I wonder who is the intended market for the T3? Surely not T2 users. The T3 seems like a software upgrade to the T2; something like what Korg, Roland or Ketron would have done.
The only noticeable physical difference is the USB 2.0 and sliders. I thought T2 had volume sliders. I remember when asking that question before, persons were trying to convince me that it did.

#234441 - 05/19/08 06:14 AM Re: Tyros 3 picture - this time its real!
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Divisional rivalry?

Most large companys have it... I worked at IBM for 30 years, and they had lots of it between divisions. At a detailed engineering/design level we shared about everything... BUT not at a product spec/marketing level.

A lot of times CORE technology is shared amoung divisions. Implementation of that technolgy is up to each division, hense the Expanded Articulation (Motif) is not as good as the Super Articulaion.

76 keys does not in itself mean to me PRO vs 61, but Yamaha may? see it differently.

Today it is much harder to differentiate between WS and arranger, maybe that is one area they thought they could set a line for the home division to not cross. Only they know but to me it makes some sense.

I bet Ian knows, but has to be careful as to what he shares.....As it should be.

I is very exciting as to what we may see in the near future! All the technologies are rapidly advancing, just have to wait to see how it might be implemented for us in arrangers.

Lee

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online