SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#234358 - 05/15/08 05:08 PM Rock n Roller Cart Odor
mikey_maestro Offline

Loc: San Tan Valley, AZ
Hey guys, this is actually a very serious question.

I have had a small problem with my cart

I know most of you use the R10 or smaller.
I just bought an R12 which is the all-terrain model, it has air filled tires all the way around being basically the only difference.

Here's my problem. I bought it last month and when opening the package I was hit with the strongest odor I ever smelled.

The tires were wrapped in a plastic wrap that had a yellow stains from probably an oil petro based substance.

Upon further examination, one of the tires were damaged. When I contacted the dealer I mentioned the problem with the smell as well. He decided it would be best to just send another complete unit. While awaiting the new one he instructed me to leave it outdoors to see if the smell dissipate. Well its been 3 weeks and the new one arrived tonight.I went to load it into the truck and that darn smell from the tires was just as strong as day 1.

Before I left the with the new one from the dealer, we opened the box and WHAM! Ther it was again. The sales associate was even shocked with how strong it was.

I called the usa distributor Dana B Goods, and they said they never heard of this problem.They suggested putting it outside to off gas a day or two. I told them I left the 1st one outside for 3 weeks. They were useless.

Anyone had a similar problem? Any ideas?
I wiped them with warm soapy water no help.

Any one know of a good nuetralizer for rubber or petro chemicals?

------------------
God Bless,
Mikey

www.mikeymaestro.com
www.myspace.com/kidconcert
www.balloonanimal.com
www.1000colorcards.com

#234359 - 05/15/08 05:16 PM Re: Rock n Roller Cart Odor
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Mikey. I bought a R10 a few months ago. I get the petro based smell you're talking about. I only smell it when it's packed up in my SUV. It's annoying, but I'm using it about once per week, so I'm living with it. I'll be interested in seeing what advice others may have. Meanwhile, I'm lovin the R10 has made my life much easier.

#234360 - 05/15/08 08:23 PM Re: Rock n Roller Cart Odor
GlennT Offline

Loc: Medina, OH, USA
Wow, what a bummer! I've had the R8 for about 3 years now and never had such a problem. Hope you get it resolved.

Glenn

#234361 - 05/15/08 09:59 PM Re: Rock n Roller Cart Odor
Dnj Offline

R10 here, never had that problem from day one....very weird. I have it 5 years already.

#234362 - 05/15/08 10:06 PM Re: Rock n Roller Cart Odor
mikey_maestro Offline

A friend of mine suggested Fabreze a few minutes ago. He said it does wonders in lots of applications.

------------------
God Bless,
Mikey

www.mikeymaestro.com
www.balloonanimal.com
www.1000colorcards.com

#234363 - 05/16/08 06:07 AM Re: Rock n Roller Cart Odor
Dnj Offline

Try taking the tires off and put them in the washing machine for a good long cycle.

#234364 - 05/16/08 08:09 AM Re: Rock n Roller Cart Odor
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Mikey try this....

#234365 - 05/16/08 08:16 AM Re: Rock n Roller Cart Odor
mikey_maestro Offline

I think you guys think I'm making this up.

I tried the washing machine donny and I'm gonna get some nose plugs from the pool store, fran

I think it's some cheap alternative the companies are using to cut costs over seas, Probably some chemical to keep chinese beetles away or something dumb like that.

------------------
God Bless,
Mikey

www.mikeymaestro.com
www.balloonanimal.com
www.1000colorcards.com

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online