SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#234283 - 05/21/08 07:09 PM Re: Recieved the Kord today!!!!
miden Offline

Loc: The World
LOL!!

#234284 - 05/21/08 07:16 PM Re: Recieved the Kord today!!!!
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Dennis,

I've been using herbal tea, but, if Donny's recent smileys are any indication, I'd say prayer has been his conversion.

Ian

#234285 - 05/21/08 07:33 PM Re: Recieved the Kord today!!!!
miden Offline

Amen!!! rotfl

#234286 - 05/21/08 07:35 PM Re: Recieved the Kord today!!!!
miden Offline

Tea and Prayer hey?

Might have to try some of that!!

#234287 - 05/21/08 07:56 PM Re: Recieved the Kord today!!!!
Kingfrog Offline

Loc: Myrtle beach SC
i like the tyros I sell them. However I am one of those people who want a workstation/arranger and the Tros is basically a great playback instrument for styles and little else. The harmonizer is an afterthought there is not XLR mile input or phantom power. The Home user does not ask for these features. The digital output on the Korg is another pro feature the Home user would never use.

The Tyros is made and marketed for Home use. Thats who buys the ones we sell. People who don;t want the cabinet of the Clavinova,

Yamaha sells the majority Tyros to mostly non pro home users and they do not care for the 76 keys. They could buy the same thing in an 88 key fully weighted wooden keyboard if they really wanted that. The Tyros is easy to use and well supported. I would not call it a Pro keyboard in any way next to the PA2x. It does not have the "Pro" features like the Oasis ans Motif seriers. The Korg does.

You won't see too many Korg being used in the home. Its far too deep, complicated and has many features the Home user would not know what to do with and fewer styles to choose from. Yamaha cleaned up the Clavinova face to make it appear less complicated. They know their market.

Having the Korg I decided to get the souns of the Yamaha I do not have I would be better served to buy an X6 Motif rather than an S900.
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#234288 - 05/21/08 08:24 PM Re: Recieved the Kord today!!!!
miden Offline

Actually Kingfrog, that is my system, well nearly!!

I run the PA1xPro with a Motif ES Rack.

Works pretty well too!

#234289 - 05/21/08 08:43 PM Re: Recieved the Kord today!!!!
Kingfrog Offline

Loc: Myrtle beach SC
Quote:
Originally posted by miden:
Actually Kingfrog, that is my system, well nearly!!

I run the PA1xPro with a Motif ES Rack.

Works pretty well too!

Ya know in my recent focus on arrangers I forgot about the rack version. I certainly do not need another keyboard around here.

We have 2 RD700s, An XK3, a Yamaha Baby Grand, the Pa2x and I Just ordered a Casio Previa for the wife to do a gambling boat gig because she cannot get someone carry the RD700 up 3 flights of stairs. The Casio Previa 320 is a nice board for the money and dirt cheap for what you get. Yamaha doesn't have anything close for $700. Just the P-85.

So how do you like the rack? Does it have the Sweet and SA sounds of the Tyros? We don't have them so I am at a loss as to what they have on them.
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#234290 - 05/21/08 10:12 PM Re: Recieved the Kord today!!!!
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
I must have missed something...You guys seem to know how many of each type of arranger/per manufacterer has been sold... which web site do we go to to get that info?

Would that include all the ones sold in every country of the world?

Thanks,
Lee

#234291 - 05/21/08 10:23 PM Re: Recieved the Kord today!!!!
miden Offline

Hi Kingfrog,

It's a very sweet sounding instrument!!

It only has very limited Mega voices included, but with the guitars and basses, in particular, I don't reckon you need them as the Motif ES ones are, the best I have used in a SMF situation and for playing as standalone sounds.

The drums are super as are the strings and brass.

I am at present working on getting the PA to play the sounds of the motif instead of the onboard ones for styles.

I have just got to tweak several multis with set configs and then tweak the styles to transmit just note info.

Initial experimentation is so far positive....

But TCALSS in answer to your q, it is excellent..The only thing better would be an XS rack!!!

Dennis

#234292 - 05/22/08 04:10 AM Re: Recieved the Kord today!!!!
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by leeboy:
I must have missed something...You guys seem to know how many of each type of arranger/per manufacterer has been sold... which web site do we go to to get that info?

I can only speak for Canadian sales...I talk with the dealers quite often, and that's where my info comes from.

Ian

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online