SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#234038 - 05/09/08 03:57 AM Arrangers and knobs......
Bachus Offline

I love to adjust my sounds real time whil playing modern style with knobs. Every synth has atleast a few of them...Arranger keys have none. I am looking for a device just like the phat.boy (that is no longer avilable) that lets me send these parameters over midi....

Does anyone have a solution for this?

(it would also be great if it looked less flashy then that phat.boy)

Orriginally i had the idea of stacking this with a Pa2X (which can be set up to use such a device) but since i decided not to go the Korg road because of lacking support for 3rd party styles, it makes me wonder if it would also be possible to use it with Wersi and the other top knotch arrangers...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#234039 - 05/09/08 03:10 PM Re: Arrangers and knobs......
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK

#234040 - 05/10/08 06:32 PM Re: Arrangers and knobs......
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Bachus,
Yes, I use a Novation SL zero. It is a fantastic MIDI controller without a keyboard. Very programmable...Knobs, Sliders, switches, templates. two MIDI ports, USB over MIDI.

Lee

#234041 - 05/11/08 02:07 AM Re: Arrangers and knobs......
Bachus Offline

That just looks perfect....

How is the accompanying software?
How is the build quallity?

But i guess you'll need a PC to controll it properly, I was looking for something to hook up to a Pa2X directly...

#234042 - 05/11/08 07:40 AM Re: Arrangers and knobs......
leeboy Offline

Bachus,
No you don't need a PC, just MIDI it up to the instrument. You can setup your own custom templates with all the controlers programmed. Build is superb. It's $299.

Check to be sure the PA (or which ever one) will accept te various MIDI CC's.

Lee

#234043 - 05/11/08 11:32 AM Re: Arrangers and knobs......
Bachus Offline

I know the PA does..

Just don't know if the PA will be my next key of choice... Actually still saving for the Wersi, but the money is burning in my pockets...

#234044 - 05/11/08 04:32 PM Re: Arrangers and knobs......
leeboy Offline

Bachus,
I'm not sure which I will keep at this point. T2 or PA2. I wish I knew more about the upcomming T3! Yep, I just looked at the MIDI info on the PA, your right it will here that stuff you want. Don't know about the T2.

I looked hard at Wersi a couple years ago. I just can't bring myself to buy from those guys in Germany that don't help their customers at all or in a timely manner.
The guys here in the US that have them depend on Cris Conti at Wersi US, and he is a good guy and helpful, but they worry if he goes away some day what will the do. That's an issue!

From what I have heard nothing has changed.
Is that correct?

Lee

#234045 - 05/11/08 05:09 PM Re: Arrangers and knobs......
to the genesys Offline

Have you had a look at the Lionstrack mediastation?

#234046 - 05/11/08 11:36 PM Re: Arrangers and knobs......
Bachus Offline

Hello Iceeboy

From what i know, Wersi Austria and the Wersi dealers here in the Netherlands have great service....

But since Wersi is a small company a few bad apples in your employment ranks, could spoila lot for them...

What worries me most is wersi's financiall state... It hasn't been that good in the past and could very well be a reason for their sometimes lacking service too

Quote:
Originally posted by to the genesys:
Have you had a look at the Lionstrack mediastation?

Both the Lionstracks and the Wersi's don't have any knobs... Next to that the Lionstracs is not half way near a finished system...Their new arranger named Qranger is only in early development according to the Linux developer site. And their current arranger lacks any good styles. Now if it would be possible to run live-styler under wine on the MS...

I would go for a softsynth setup, with 76 or 88 key Masterkeyboard, a Novation SL zero, live styler and a 19" touchscreen way before choosing lionstracs...

Maybe even creating something like the Meko myselves...can't be that hard when i can find someone thats willing to help me with the casing... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRrhHgmyjLE&NR=1

[This message has been edited by Bachus (edited 05-12-2008).]

[This message has been edited by Bachus (edited 05-12-2008).]

#234047 - 05/12/08 12:01 AM Re: Arrangers and knobs......
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Quote:
Originally posted by leeboy:
Bachus,
I'm not sure which I will keep at this point. T2 or PA2. I wish I knew more about the upcomming T3! Yep, I just looked at the MIDI info on the PA, your right it will here that stuff you want. Don't know about the T2.

I looked hard at Wersi a couple years ago. I just can't bring myself to buy from those guys in Germany that don't help their customers at all or in a timely manner.
The guys here in the US that have them depend on Cris Conti at Wersi US, and he is a good guy and helpful, but they worry if he goes away some day what will the do. That's an issue!

From what I have heard nothing has changed.
Is that correct?

Lee

http://wersiclub.blogspot.com/2008/03/windows-driver-problem-solved.html

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online