#233902 - 05/11/08 02:56 PM Re: Pictures Tyros 3
Bachus Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by jwyvern:
If anyone's still interested in the Tyros3 saga
read here: http://www.yamahapkowner.com/forum/index.php?topic=10833.new#new

4th post down

John

I think everyone missed out on this info in that post......

Quote:
· The instrument will be called "Tyros3".
· In Tyros3 will be a whole new soundchip source of all Voices. This chip include a development of "SuperArticulation" technology ( "SuperArticulation2") - there will be a great deal to look forward to! All the familiar sounds from the Tyros2 is also on board in the new instrument.
· Tyros3 is also equipped with a new "drawbar" section, which finally meets today's requirements for Hammond simulations, etc.
· Many will be happy with that Tyros3 now endlig can play MP3 files, like the USB ports are now working after the faster 2.0 minutes.
· Instead of the known + / - buttons below the display by Tyros2, by Tyros3 now sliders, similar to those we know from MotifES, Roland G-70/E-80. These can be used either as "organ-drawbars" or to adjust the volume / effects, etc.
· The display is not only grown - it can now even adjusted the angle electronically.
· Tyros3 have the same 61 keys keyboard as Tyros2.
· Tyros3 ready by dealers around October 2008 and will cost the same as a Tyros2.
Plus, Tyros3 may:
· 8 OTS seats per. style instead of the 4 have so far been standard.
· A completely new and very authentic new grand piano
· A newly developed "Vocal Harmony" section with Pitch-Correction
· The fact that stylesformatet now contains 8 OTS instead of 4 will be stylesektionen strongly enlarged - without prejudice to the compatibility with all previous YAMAHA instruments are lost.
· 2 DSP chips per. soundgroup (Upper 1, Upper 2, etc.) and new power-algorithms
A dealer who has seen the instrument at the fair has even tried it in Photoshop, as it was absolutely prohibited carry mobile phones or cameras at messepręsentationen. The result can beskues here and show NOT the final design but something which is very similar to this effect:

http://keyszone.boards.net

#233903 - 05/11/08 04:24 PM Re: Pictures Tyros 3
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Question...
Why is the CVP series so successful as a HOME keyboard, But it has 88 KEYS!
I think I heard here it is a 88 key arranger and I would agree.

I think because it does not compete with the Motif's (PRO boards, from PRO divison).

I think the folks at Yamaha arranger division would love to offer an OPTION of 76 keys... but have een told No Way Hose'

By the PRO division on Yamaha that sells Motif.

If so, that means the Motif boys at Yammie must think quite a lot of the Tyros 2, or why would they be concerned? I think the Tyros SA sounds better than Motif!

After all even if the 76 would not sell but 1/3 of the 61's it would be easy to offer one at a higher price of course = more money for Yammie.

So that said, we prabably won't see a 76 from Yamaha as it is a political issue, not that they don't think it would sell, or that they don't care what we want.

I'm ok with a 61 as long as I can make a 2nd lower manunal work with it. That works fine with a T2

Don't ya just hate politics? :-)

Lee

#233904 - 05/11/08 05:04 PM Re: Pictures Tyros 3
PraiseTheLord Offline

Loc: N Fort Myers, FL, USA
The killer for Yamaha will be if they have a songbook like Korg which has the ability to save detailed setups by song rather than by registration.

Then they will mop up many Korg/ Roland enthusiasts.

Graham

#233905 - 05/11/08 05:29 PM Re: Pictures Tyros 3
to the genesys Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Vadim:
why would you want more than 61 keys on the arranger.

1 octave for triggering auto-accomp. and few notes on the right to play solos

To give you room to play more than one fingered chords in the left hand, you can have two or more splits in the right hand and just the freedom to play as you like without any major restrictions or compromises you have to make with a 61.
But no need to discuss this again this topic has been covered before.

#233906 - 05/11/08 05:30 PM Re: Pictures Tyros 3
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Quote:
Originally posted by PraiseTheLord:
The killer for Yamaha will be if they have a songbook like Korg which has the ability to save detailed setups by song rather than by registration.

Graham

DITTO!!! Me included!! T3 sounds very interesting.

#233907 - 05/11/08 05:46 PM Re: Pictures Tyros 3
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by PraiseTheLord:

Graham

Ive been asking for the MFD to save transpose & other vital setups & Multi-modes scenarios for years....KORG leads this in so many ways over all others. Now if they can make them all work INDEPENDENTLY & SIMULTANEOUSLY they may have a winner.

Page 8 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online