SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#233659 - 05/12/08 04:45 PM Re: Yamaha XGSound module?
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Rikki,
Yes, I agree all it will do is let you play Tyros styles with Live-Styler using XG but non mega sound sets. That's OK as long as it selects a decent substitute. (No dog barks for guitars!)

Since Mega is complex ( all those velocity switched layers etc) I wouldn't expect anything better.

Backus, It could be done, but would not be easy. First you would have to really dig into the mega voices, then try to re-create an equivilent capability. I sure don't have time for it. I don't even have time to create any original styles for my T2 or my PA2.

If someone would create a program that would really do a superb job of converting Yamaha styles (especially Tyros) to PA they would have a great product and sell may of them.

Lee

#233660 - 05/12/08 05:32 PM Re: Yamaha XGSound module?
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Bachus,
with my soundfonts, I actually came across a company that had recreated some of the Korg synths. Matrix, M1, & some Triton. They were really quite good. Pity no one has thought to sample Yamaha.
Personally I'd be happy with just the correct PSR drum sets. The megavoices have been the least of my problems.

Hi Lee
Unfortunately , I've got the time, but haven't got the know how as far as sampling goes. darn haahaa

best wishes
Rikki

Quote:
Originally posted by Bachus:
Dang....didn't anyone ever think of making layered sounds that copy the Mega voices?

Just a standard sampleset for use with some vsti...

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online