SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#234079 - 05/09/08 07:46 PM Enough
beachbum Offline

Loc: Austin
Yet a new tune..
Just want to keep reminding you guys you can use this boards for originals..
Had a killer Guitar player on this one.. That helps..
Anyway, check it out if you have the time..
Song is "enough" http://chipos.com

Thanks

#234080 - 05/09/08 08:04 PM Re: Enough
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Another good song... Love your voice!

But I still think it's time to take this stuff to the next level. At least BFD for the drums if you can't get into a studio and use the real thing. Real basslines (maybe a real bassist!), all real guitars, replace out all the arranger parts...

This is REALLY good for an arranger, but it could have SO much more dynamics and realism by going the real route. Use the arranger version as the mock-up, but replace ALL the parts. The music, IMO, really deserves it... (that IS a compliment, trust me! )

You can hear just HOW much better it has gotten just by using a real guitarist. Now imagine how much better it gets with a real bassist, real drums (or BFD, which is pretty darn close!)...

And it's nice to hear something other than 'golden oldies'! Kudos!

#234081 - 05/09/08 08:05 PM Re: Enough
Dnj Offline

Beachbum....

Rare original Tunes .....Well Done!

Keep It Up

#234082 - 05/10/08 04:11 AM Re: Enough
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Excellent. Great vocals, guitar work, and song (good song structure). Time for you to get signed.

chas

#234083 - 05/10/08 11:58 PM Re: Enough
beachbum Offline

Thanks Guys!
Diki -I hear you, btw, what is BFD? I'd love to find a band and have the total package, but I can't seem to hook up with the right folks.. I'm still looking out for it in the future..

Donny - Thanks for the listens over the years mate!

cgiles - Wow, thanks indeed...

Anyway, had an email asking how I got from point A to B.. (6 years now)
Brief History of me and my music.. I use to have a band back in my college days, hard rock actually.. Anyway, years went by and I would purchase a Yami keyboard for the holiday’s cause I like to play Christmas tunes.. Then I'd sell the board on eBay.. Usually I use to loose about $50, which I considered as a rental fee (it was cheaper than renting one too). One year the psr2000 came out and I talked my wife into letting me get one.. The idea was the same, buy it, play it during the holiday and then put it up on eBay... Every other board I had I never messed with styles or any real feature.. My wife asked me to do a vocal tune which led me to research it, which led me to sythzone and the fine folks here.. From there I learned about styles, and made some music…Have to say, although I thought they were good at the time, my first attempts where total crap, and I would here it when I posted the tunes.. For some reason, I kept on going..(btw, some of the old tunes to this day I cannot bear to listen to).. My 2n'd cd "behind the brick wall" was a little better, but still missed the mark, at least for me, song structure was out their and the recording process still needed tweaked.. Although like anything I thought it was good at the time... So we are what, 23 songs written and going through the process of making up tunes. One thing did pay off, I learned to mix, record vocals, structure a song and play the keyboard better. Which led to CD 3 "butterflies in Nottingham" Which is still one of my favorite today and has two of my top selling songs on it... I went into it thinking about song structure and a theme that would run through the whole CD.. It’s pretty much lite pop.. Next CD "The Fool" Built on that and was quite solid. Then "My Island" I stepped out of the box and made a summer holiday at the beach tunes, I really experimented with hooks and making them fun.. Which bring us to the current CD which I'm playing soft rock stuff and is more for me and what I like to listen to.. So looking back I have 23 songs I’d like to flush down the toilet and 47 I’m real proud of and they seem to keep growing from here.. Thanks for the support!

#234084 - 05/11/08 10:38 AM Re: Enough
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
BFD..? http://www.fxpansion.com/index.php?page=1

Possibly the best VSTi for natural sounding drums out there.

Take your MIDI file of the arranger drums, map to this, edit the part so ALL the fills are a bit different, and stand back in amazement! Close mikes, overheads, room mikes and distant room mikes, most drums have at least 15 or 20+ velocity levels (snare MUCH more than this), top and bottom mikes for the snare, in and out mikes for the kick....

I could go on and on

Only problem is that ALL the drums are recorded without ANY EQ or dynamics processing. You get basically what you would get miking up a live drummer. It's up to you and your plug-ins to get that 'studio' sound, but at least YOU get to chose how to process them, not someone else!

I can't recommend this too highly, especially for your rock-ish flavor. It's still only as good as the MIDI file you play into it, but feed it a good one, with nice dynamics, and it can fool even the pickiest of ears...

#234085 - 05/12/08 07:58 PM Re: Enough
beachbum Offline

Diki
Thanks for the info.. I'll be checking that out!

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online