SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#232999 - 04/24/08 07:17 AM Tyros 3 speculations
Bachus Offline

Over at Dirk Witte in the Netherlands there are currently 3 different types of Tyros 3 available for pre-order..

Tyros 3
Tyros 3XL
Tyros 3XXL
List

This could indicate that there might actually be a 76 key version... just add your own specualtions to this thread... Dirk Witte is one of the most renown Synth sellers in the Netherlands.

http://keyszone.boards.net

#233000 - 04/24/08 07:21 AM Re: Tyros 3 speculations
Bachus Offline

NEver mind this post, it might just be their speaker solutions for Tyros 3....

Stupid me, i started thinkg about 76 and ** key versions...

#233001 - 04/24/08 07:46 AM Re: Tyros 3 speculations
Dnj Offline

Bachus hang in there ....it wont be long before T3 or whatever they are gonna call it hits the bandwidth. The World awaits the next Yamaha 61 key Wonder Arranger

#233002 - 04/24/08 08:13 AM Re: Tyros 3 speculations
Bachus Offline

Actually i will not decide which one to buy untill i have tested them all

Wersi Abbacus
Korg Pa2X
Yamaha Tyros 3
Roland (g80)
Ketron Audya
Mediastation(if i can find it anywher to try out)

Currently i am leaning towards the wersi... as i really love to controll vst's from my board... but i'll give others a fair chance, as they are a backload of euro's cheeper

All i want is a keyboard with awesome styles, awesome sounds, 76 keys or more and the abbility to controll my vst's directly (not over midi) from my keyboard...

[This message has been edited by Bachus (edited 04-24-2008).]

#233003 - 04/24/08 09:21 AM Re: Tyros 3 speculations
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
I wonder what the latest status is on the new Roland totl arranger?? Are the rumours true that it will only have 61 keys just like the Tyros3? Please say it isn't so!!

And still no further word concerning the Audya either. You'd think if Ketron was in the final stages of completing the Audya that they would be more robust in posting some more audio and video demos and that you would be able to at least download an "english" version of the Audya manual. Maybe that will happen after Musikmesse 2009 perhaps? And then again maybe not. Oh well.. at least when Yamaha says that the Tyros3 will ship this Fall it will actually ship this Fall. The same thing cannot be said about the Audya though. At least from the way I've observed how Ketron has bungled the marketing of the Audya up until now anyway. Miracles still happen though so they may surprise us and indeed ship the Audya this Fall. You must realize though that the last day of Fall is December 20th, so it could ship December 20th and still be considered Fall. If they did though it means I wouldn't be able to see it 'yet' again at Musikmesse 2009? Shucks..

Best,
Mike

#233004 - 04/24/08 10:25 AM Re: Tyros 3 speculations
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hi Mike
We should get a report when the Pakefield Keyboard Festival finishes next Monday, as I know some SZ members are attending, (As also is the Audya) and so they will be able to directly compare it to all the other manufactures.
As far as I am aware it is still scheduled for general release in the summer in the UK and Europe.
There is also going to be a big launch at the Autumn Festival, so I would say the Tyros 3 is also on schedule. (Tyros 2 was launched at the Caister Autumn Keyboard Festival)

Bill

#233005 - 04/24/08 10:43 AM Re: Tyros 3 speculations
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Bachus:
NEver mind this post, it might just be their speaker solutions for Tyros 3....

Stupid me, i started thinkg about 76 and ** key versions...

I'm a member of your club as well. I'm thinking 61, 76 and 88 keys

#233006 - 04/24/08 11:28 AM Re: Tyros 3 speculations
Bachus Offline

Well, Bill...

Since you are attending the Festivall, i am hoping to get a big update someday next week with your experiencess from the festivall... (smiles)

#233007 - 04/24/08 11:55 AM Re: Tyros 3 speculations
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Boy.. wouldn't it be somethin' if one of the Big 3 or one of the lesser known keyboard manufacturers e.g. Ketron or GEM, etc., actually did make an 88 key totl arranger w/weighted keys? But not too heavy either in the key action or overall physical weight? I for one would sure give it some definite and serious consideration. Especially if the key action (even though weighted) would be light enough to allow playing other voices besides piano with relative ease. Most likely Yammie wouldn't do it cause we can't even get 'em to make a 76 key 'anything' in mid or high end as far as arrangers go. Korg actually made an 88 key mid-range arranger several years ago that was semi-weighted I believe, but haven't produced anything since. Roland has never done it either as far as I'm aware of but they may be open to the possibility in the future perhaps, since Roland and company are what I consider a visionary company wanting to stay on the cutting edge not only technology wise but with their customer's playing needs. Hopefully we'll see an 88 key fully weighted or semi-weighted totl arranger in the not too distant future.

Well, it's good to know that Ketron is showcasing the Audya in Europe as we speak Bill. And even though I won't buy a 61 key Tyros3 it will be interesting to see how the new Super Articulated Voice "2" architecture is implemented on the Tyros3. As many are aware, the Motif XS has the "expanded" articulation system which is suppose to be a step above the Tyros2 SA voices. But Yamaha in my opinion wasn't able to implement it very well on the XS for some odd reason. If the Tyros3 SAV2 is similar or identical to the Motif XS expanded articualtion system I'm afraid it may not be implemented on the Tyros3 very well either, and in which case people would have little reason to upgrade their T2's. If the Tyros3' new SAV2 is a step above the XS' SAV expanded system and is excellently implemented on the Tyros3 then it could very well be the defining sound realism achievement of 2008. I guess we'll find out one way or the other if that's true and perhaps at the Caister Autumn Keyboard Festival.

Best,
Mike

[This message has been edited by keybplayer (edited 04-24-2008).]

#233008 - 04/24/08 12:32 PM Re: Tyros 3 speculations
chony Offline

Loc: New York
I'm thinking:

Tyros 3 = Tyros keyboard
Tyros 3XL = includes speakers & sub
Tyros 3XXL = includes speakers, sub, bag, pedals, headphones.

There's no chance of an 88 Tyros version - find me one person who will buy one. I don't know if there'll be a 76 key version, but if so, I doubt Yamaha would choose to tell just one dealer about it.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online