SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#232897 - 04/22/08 06:33 PM Re: The Motion Sound KP-200S Amp
Beakybird Offline

Yeah, I changed the speakers too. Even though performing is what I do for a living, it is also a hobby, so I didn't mind changing the speakers.

I was able to recoup the money because after I purchased it, Eminence discontinued the only speaker that could be swapped for the original. So I had a rare souped up version of the KP-100S. It wasn't too souped up though. The amp would distort at relatively low volumes. At soft volumes, it did sound real nice though.

Beakybird

#232898 - 04/22/08 06:39 PM Re: The Motion Sound KP-200S Amp
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
I've always loved Motion Sound ...But the price point is not competitive. I'd rather have 2 powered speakers...

#232899 - 04/22/08 06:47 PM Re: The Motion Sound KP-200S Amp
Dnj Offline

Is it me ? or it weird that after you spend your hard earned money at those ridiculous prices on a NEW KB amp....Then you have to immediately have to "CHANGE THE SPEAKERS" spending more money because they sound bad?

#232900 - 04/22/08 07:36 PM Re: The Motion Sound KP-200S Amp
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Quote:
Originally posted by travlin'easy:
George,

It does not come remotely close to the sound quality of the Logitech Z-5500 system. Just my opinion,

Gary

I have never heard any of the Logitech speaker systems, but this makes me want to listen to some somewhere. I respect Gary's opinions, so these must be decent. IMO I just can't imagine using such a setup, probably more for the wiring headaches than the amp or speakers. Oh well, what do I know?

The new Keyboard magazine has a full page ad with Joey DeFrancesco praising the Motion Sound KP200s. Gee Joey, no more Leslies and no moore B3's??? Somebody must have made him deals he couldn't refuse.

#232901 - 04/22/08 07:36 PM Re: The Motion Sound KP-200S Amp
Beakybird Offline

I guess it can be considered a bad investment. I had the Motion Sound amp for about 7-8 months. I tried to like it, but I was having too many shows where they were asking me to turn it up, and I couldn't.

Beakybird

#232902 - 04/22/08 08:00 PM Re: The Motion Sound KP-200S Amp
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
I have the Motion Sound Keypro KP-200S Keyboard Amp. I bought it new from Dan 01 a couple of years ago and I am and have been super pleased with it. It is ideal to carry in the motorhome and has lostsa oomph for the street dances I get started in the RV parks. No complaints at all. They are easy to dial in and good stereo separation. I don't think it was overpriced for what Dan charged me for it
Besides it is lighter and easier to carry then either one of my Peavy KB 100's.
Bebop

#232903 - 04/22/08 10:01 PM Re: The Motion Sound KP-200S Amp
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I used HankB's Motionsound amp a couple of years ago. It was awful. I couldn't get it back to him quickly enough. He unloaded it asap.
Cassp, try the Logitechs. They sound great.
DonM

#232904 - 04/23/08 05:19 AM Re: The Motion Sound KP-200S Amp
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by cassp:
I have never heard any of the Logitech speaker systems, but this makes me want to listen to some somewhere. I respect Gary's opinions, so these must be decent.

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/speakers_audio/home_pc_speakers/devices/224&cl=us,en

#232905 - 04/23/08 06:38 AM Re: The Motion Sound KP-200S Amp
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Cassp,

A significant number of OMB entertainers are currently using the Z-5500 system in niteclub and restaurant settings. Some, including myself, swapped out the Center speaker only to improve the mid range sound level and quality.

In my case, I used an old Radio Shack speaker that sold for under $30. However, even without swapping the center speaker out, the sound quality is superb. Keep in mind this is a 550-watt RMS system that was orriginally designed for gamers. The peak power is 1,100-watts, the sub packs lots of punch at 188-watts RMS. The five satellites combined punch out 317-watts RMS.

If you decide to purchase the Logitech Z-5500 system, I suggest buying it from a retailer that has a liberal return policy. Most of the big box stores offer up to 15 days without a restocking fee as long as the merchandise is returned in the orriginal cartons and still in new condition.

Good Luck,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#232906 - 04/23/08 06:42 AM Re: The Motion Sound KP-200S Amp
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Thanks for the link, Donny. Has anyone thought of mounting these speakers on a single pole, ala Bose PAS? I'm wondering if that would give the stereo separation many seek and yet provide an easy setup.

I have never had good results with a 10" speaker of any sort. Maybe as a sub for a smaller system as the Z5500 it would be OK, but my 2 CM30's with an EV Sb1120a sub give me more than I need for a small setup and my Mackie system for larger groups is primo.

Sorry I kind of hijacked this from the original MS KP200s topic. I don't think 55 lbs. is too much for a decent amp, especially if it is stereo and sounds good. Unfortunately, the MS KP series doesn't seem to sound as good as many would like. Umph...

If you're gonna go thru all the trouble to go stereo and want a one-piece winner, why not go back to the Roland Stereo Chorus series. There are two amps in the series that would seem to do everything that's been mentioned. Also consider the Roland AC-90.

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online