SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#231495 - 04/07/08 08:53 AM Re: Ever wonder why so many Lurkers on this General Arranger Forum?
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
If spelng were a reason for suspendering posting privledges, then they're woodn't be anyting to reed.

#231496 - 04/07/08 09:21 AM Re: Ever wonder why so many Lurkers on this General Arranger Forum?
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Hey Cass, while I've got you. What are you using with that 808s and how well does it 'pull off' the 'leslie' thing when used with you XK1? You were very correct about the Cerwin Vegas not cutting it and I've been half-heartedly looking for replacements every since. I was considering the SA-1000 from Roland but suspect that I'd need two and don't want to pay 2400 beans for the pair. I always feel uncomfortable (now that I'm old) going down to the music store with my C1 under my arm, asking to audition a dozen different speakers; powered and unpowered/808s. I need a STRONG recommendation now, which I will purchase from a store with a good return policy. Generally, I lean towards keeping the 808s and going with two unpowered, 12" cabs, < 35lbs, and not over $500 ea. What say you?

chas

#231497 - 04/07/08 04:44 PM Re: Ever wonder why so many Lurkers on this General Arranger Forum?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks Everyone for your kind words!...Maybe if I share a little more about myself it will help. At present I own NO arranger. The last 1-2 Years I have been renovating our Home,doing 80% of the work myself plus my full time job. Getting our Home in order before retirement,etc. My son builds Homes. My wife will retire from Her full time job in the next few months. She will work part time from Her new Home office for My Son...I hope to retire in 2-3 Years...Maybe I'll be the coffee Guy for my Son!....So much for all that stuff...but my time has been really limited. Hopefully opening up soon.
My Wifes Piano is a Roland RD-300sx Stage Piano very nice. Has the Ultimate Grand X Sample as the G-70, etc...Pretty light also...The only thing I have some arthritus in my fingers. It bothers me to ply the hammer action very long.
BUT....I'm really getting the bug for a arranger again...checking in on this forum,U-tube,Ketron Audia,New Tyros coming,psr-900,New Korgs out,G-70 with the new os system it's darn near driving me up the wall!!!! I've owned quite a few. I'll agree with most here, each has their strengths,etc...One nice thing I still have a Roland A-37 76 key controller if I need to use it. I do prefer 76 keys...
Hummmmmmm... How long can I hold off???

#231498 - 04/07/08 06:07 PM Re: Ever wonder why so many Lurkers on this General Arranger Forum?
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
I'd say you might last until you play the Tyros3...then you're a goner.

Ian

#231499 - 04/07/08 06:56 PM Re: Ever wonder why so many Lurkers on this General Arranger Forum?
John DiLeo Offline

Harold....
why not try the Midjay with that A37 controller? Might be a good combo.

#231500 - 04/07/08 07:02 PM Re: Ever wonder why so many Lurkers on this General Arranger Forum?
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
chas - The only stereo linkup I have used with the XK-1 are my CM-30's with a sub, but that was a small room. The separation and Leslie simulation was very good in that situation. With the 808s I run Mackie i300's for the mains and have used a pair of Soundtech 12" wedges for monitors. So I run mono, mains and monitor mixes. There might be a slight stereo feel by hearing both mixes, which I can usually do.

My thought would be if stereo speakers are separated too far apart, you might get more of a rolling phase than a doppler effect, but that's just speculation on my part. Run thru a mono setup, I feel the XK-1 Leslie is pretty darn good. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

Still loving my E-60, XK-1 setup, but I could live with the G70 again if presented with the possibility. I'm not looking or asking, just stating. The G70 has the best stage keybed I've ever used.

Harold, sorry for hijacking your post. Back to you, bud.

#231501 - 04/07/08 07:56 PM Re: Ever wonder why so many Lurkers on this General Arranger Forum?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ian...Good Possibility! I Really like the Sax,Guitars and alot of Styles on the Yamaha...Kinda liked Diki's Idea used G-70 with Psr-900 on top. I don't take my keyboards out much...Always enjoyed playing Piano with Style(full keyboard) and reaching up adding some Sax,etc using both boards live...Nice to have both Roland and Yamaha Styles...The strengths of each Company.
John...I'm not really crazy about the keybed action of the A37. It's a very light and compact controller though. Is the Midjay really designed to function work as a arranger?
Cassp...No problem Sir...It sounds like your E-60 works well for You.
But... The New Korg Pro2 sure makes your mouth water...76 Keys, Beautiful keyboard,compact,Great sounding Piano. Everyone Sure seems pretty happy with their 800's and Pro's!
I sure hope My Wife says "Job well done Dear on the House Project" I think You better replace Your Arranger Keyboard Now!!!

#231502 - 04/07/08 08:45 PM Re: Ever wonder why so many Lurkers on this General Arranger Forum?
John DiLeo Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Harold S:
John.... Is the Midjay really designed to function work as a arranger?

Here is some info on the MIDJAY
http://www.ketronus.com/midjay.php

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online