SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#231427 - 04/07/08 01:28 PM Re: Bose L1
John DiLeo Offline

I just sold my Logitech Z5500 which to me sounds better then my friends Bose pas system, it has more warmth and depth...the Bose sounds thin at a distance.
Has anyone used the Logitech
Z Cinéma Advanced Surround Sound System 2.1
less wires and hopefully a great sound....you could buy 10 of these systems compared to the Bose.
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/speakers_audio/home_pc_speakers/devices/3712&cl=us,en

#231428 - 04/07/08 01:55 PM Re: Bose L1
Kingfrog Offline

Loc: Myrtle beach SC
You can't be serious. You play in clubs and events with the computer speakers?

Sweet..

Its a great thing for you financially if you find the Logitech better....
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#231429 - 04/07/08 02:14 PM Re: Bose L1
John DiLeo Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Kingfrog:
You can't be serious. You play in clubs and events with the computer speakers?

Sweet..

Its a great thing for you financially if you find the Logitech better....

Hi Kingfrog....No I am not a pro gigging musician....but just a home player for now. I was referring to a friend of mine who uses the Bose PAS on stage & is amazed at the sound of the Logitechs at 1/10th the price.
I know they are PC speakers but many here recomend them that why I bought them also.

#231430 - 04/07/08 05:58 PM Re: Bose L1
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Hey guys[junior members]...be kind to each other..

We don't need another Ian/Diki duel..

#231431 - 04/07/08 06:05 PM Re: Bose L1
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
Hey guys[junior members]...be kind to each other..

We don't need another Ian/Diki duel..

Diki and I do not "duel".....we "discuss" at an elevated level!

#231432 - 04/07/08 07:46 PM Re: Bose L1
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by John DiLeo:
I just sold my Logitech Z5500 which to me sounds better then my friends Bose pas system, it has more warmth and depth...the Bose sounds thin at a distance.

John. I can honestly say if your friend's Bose lost warmth and depth or sounded thin at a distance, your friend has not set up the gain staging properly or found the right pre-set, if it is a Model I.

A friend of mine who owns 2 units thought the same thing, until I showed him how to set it up. Also...some rooms benefit from different pre-sets depending on accoustics.

There is a wealth of info on the Bose site.

Eddie

#231433 - 04/07/08 07:47 PM Re: Bose L1
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
John,

I was among the first to take the Logitech speakers into the restaurant/niteclub circuit, and it all began with the Z-2200 system. From there it progressed to the Z-5500 system, which is far superior. It's an outstanding system for audiences to 125 people and the sound quality is beyond belief.

The system was orriginally designed for gamers, then progressed to the 5.1-surround-sound system for home theaters. Currently, there are hundreds of performers using them with outstanding results and rave reviews from their audiences. The only folks that down the Z-5500 system are those that have never used them, or they are just too lazy to hook up the 5 satellite speakers. In the next few months I'll be permenantly installing at least two Z-5500 systems in niteclub/restaurant settings for local musicians. The club owners, after hearing the Z-5500 for the first time said it was the best sounds they've ever heard.

As with any sound system, I strongly suggest buying from a retailer with a liberal return policy. Then, if you do not like what you hear, take it back for a full refund.

Good Luck,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#231434 - 04/07/08 07:48 PM Re: Bose L1
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Quote:
Originally posted by Bernie9:
Although the B1 has dual Neutrix outputs, and you can buy long B1 cables.
I wonder

STOP !

Stop your wondering! Those two connections on the B1 are paralell jacks. You CANNOT plug two powered signals into each. That would be like connecting 2 garden hoses and turning on the water. You WILL fry both amps.

ONE amp per cabinet. ( or 2 cabinets if you are so inclined ) NEVER, NEVER, NEVER multiple amps into one cabinet.

Whew......hope no one tried that !

#231435 - 04/07/08 10:25 PM Re: Bose L1
Kingfrog Offline

Loc: Myrtle beach SC
Quote:
Originally posted by John DiLeo:

Hi Kingfrog....No I am not a pro gigging musician....but just a home player for now. I was referring to a friend of mine who uses the Bose PAS on stage & is amazed at the sound of the Logitechs at 1/10th the price.
I know they are PC speakers but many here recomend them that why I bought them also.

Oh I see. LOL. Yeah I have a Klipsh 2.1 systems at home on the computers and yeah in that environment even they are comparable to the Bose. Thats what i like about the Bose. they sound like Huge HiFi speakers rather then a PA.
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#231436 - 04/09/08 08:39 PM Re: Bose L1
John DiLeo Offline

Have you every played your KB thru your Klipsh 2.1 system. Is it better then the Logitech?

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online