SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#231118 - 04/05/08 08:24 AM Re: I guess I love to be punished..:)
Dnj Offline

Well Chas I think you answered your own question.........

"I know Donny is just waiting to pounce all over me for daring to comment WITHOUT having posted my own music"............

no need to pounce Chas its just all there as I have proclamined all along with most not just you ...

Have a nice day.

#231119 - 04/05/08 08:32 AM Re: I guess I love to be punished..:)
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:

Have a nice day.

You too.

chas

#231120 - 04/05/08 03:34 PM Re: I guess I love to be punished..:)
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Beats me why you don't post here, chas. Trust me, there wouldn't even be ONE negative comment about it...

And it would be one less bullet in Mr. Pesce's gun...

But, I know... you have your reasons.

Donny, trust me, I HAVE heard chas blow, and he's the real deal!

#231121 - 04/05/08 04:54 PM Re: I guess I love to be punished..:)
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Thanks, Diki. But there are several reasons. For one thing, it's an arranger board and I have no desire to post an arranger performance. For another, I don't sing (one less way to embarrass myself). For another, the type of stuff I like to do would not be popular on this board. Hey, we've got guys on this board bad-mouthing the Nord C1 for no reason other than the fact that I bought one. Why on earth would I want to accommodate someone like that?

My critique of Fran was only meant to be constructive. Filling a thread full of platitudes does not help the music poster who wants constructive feedback. I assume that's what Fran was looking for. I did put in a disclaimer about any possible value in my critique.

So, NO; I will not be goaded into doing something I don't want to do by someone who obviously has a big problem with me (and most likely, anyone like me). They have their 'posse', their faithful and adoring little clique. I have no desire to be the object of their '50's attitudes.

In your case, despite picking on poor Ian while he's still in recovery (shame on you ), I know that you're a fine, pro-level musician, and that's something that I respect. I think Russ feels the same. Look, I play in jazz clubs so that I don't have to be judged by rock fans. Same principle applies here. BTW, I've got about an hour of (Zoom H2) rehearsal stuff. I want you to hear the guitar player (the third Italian jazz guitarist in a row, that I've worked with - go figure). I just need to separate it out and do some minor editing.

chas

#231122 - 04/05/08 05:11 PM Re: I guess I love to be punished..:)
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Look forward to it, chas...

Sorry about the Ian thing, but there IS no recovery from THAT degree of slavish devotion... Maybe a professional de-programmer, used to dealing with cults..?

The thing is, there's plenty of music here that is only PARTIALLY arranger based, quite some that has NO singing (in fact, preferred... this is the Arranger forum, not a singing one!), and the occasional post of just plain playing. Not to mention innumerable YouTube URLs of playing that have NO arrangers in them at all (many posted by the Duke of URL himself ), so I don't think a post has to have arranger in it to qualify as relevant.

But whatever, your choice... I look forward to hearing this new stuff, though (Stuff... get it?! ) Nothing better than a good greasy B....

#231123 - 04/05/08 09:01 PM Re: I guess I love to be punished..:)
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Donny, trust me, I HAVE heard chas blow, and he's the real deal!

Diki, That is still to be determined.....
as is with most here ....but who cares anymore..we'll just keep a yak yak yakin away eating only the carrots & potatoes.......leaving out the real MEAT.

#231124 - 04/05/08 09:31 PM Re: I guess I love to be punished..:)
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:

Diki, That is still to be determined.....
as is with most here ....but who cares anymore..we'll just keep a yak yak yakin away eating only the carrots & potatoes.......leaving out the real MEAT.

Besides it really doesn't matter AT ALL !!!! This forum isn't about how good anyone is or isn't. I don't really understand why people try to reduce it to that. It is simply about using keyboards and "perceived" ability doesn't even enter into it. Let go of it before it starts getting sore.

#231125 - 04/06/08 04:10 AM Re: I guess I love to be punished..:)
Dnj Offline

Your right Nigel...

I think I've made my point & answered mine & others curiosity. Lets move on now.

#231126 - 04/06/08 04:24 AM Re: I guess I love to be punished..:)
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Nigel:
Besides it really doesn't matter AT ALL !!!! This forum isn't about how good anyone is or isn't. I don't really understand why people try to reduce it to that. It is simply about using keyboards and "perceived" ability doesn't even enter into it. Let go of it before it starts getting sore.

Correctomundo Nigel...if people want to share their music, it should be a choice.

No one likes to be chevied into it.

Those that do the provoking are generally the ones that are the most insecure about their own performance.

Ian

#231127 - 04/06/08 04:42 AM Re: I guess I love to be punished..:)
Dnj Offline

ian what dont you understand about my post above?

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online