SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#230863 - 03/31/08 04:20 PM Re: Korg PA800/PA2X : What Type of Styles Do You Wish You Had More Of ??
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Thanks Bill,
they nearly had me with the Piano styles.
Can't beleive this day & age with all the internet technology, they have to be posted instead of being done as a download.
I'm able to download gig's of Band in a Box software, but have to have a style disk shipped.
Thanks anyway.

best wishes
rikki
[QUOTE]Originally posted by abacus:
[B]Hi Rikki

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#230864 - 03/31/08 06:45 PM Re: Korg PA800/PA2X : What Type of Styles Do You Wish You Had More Of ??
JCkeeys Offline

Loc: St. James,New York,USA
Carillion will send their styles via the internet I have purchased from them.

#230865 - 03/31/08 06:49 PM Re: Korg PA800/PA2X : What Type of Styles Do You Wish You Had More Of ??
PraiseTheLord Offline

Loc: N Fort Myers, FL, USA
I really liked what I hard in the the brief brush styles samples. I'll certainly try them when they offer download.

Graham

#230866 - 03/31/08 06:53 PM Re: Korg PA800/PA2X : What Type of Styles Do You Wish You Had More Of ??
JCkeeys Offline

Graham,
They do offer downloads. Just email them when you purchase.

#230867 - 03/31/08 06:53 PM Re: Korg PA800/PA2X : What Type of Styles Do You Wish You Had More Of ??
PraiseTheLord Offline

Loc: N Fort Myers, FL, USA
Seeing JCKeeys post, I emailed them to understand what they offer via download or email. I'll let you know.

Graham

#230868 - 03/31/08 09:48 PM Re: Korg PA800/PA2X : What Type of Styles Do You Wish You Had More Of ??
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi JCkeeys,
thank you. I'll get in touch with them also.
Pity they don't appear to mention that option on site , unless I missed it.

You've tried some of their styles, how have you found them?? It's a bit hard to tell when they only appear to have a couple of mp3's from each disk.

best wishes
rikki

Quote:
Originally posted by JCkeeys:
Carillion will send their styles via the internet I have purchased from them.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#230869 - 04/02/08 06:50 AM Re: Korg PA800/PA2X : What Type of Styles Do You Wish You Had More Of ??
JCkeeys Offline

I emailed John at Carrilion before I ordered. That is how I found out about the download option. The styles are not at the level of "Factory/Original" but in all fairness to them they were created on the PA1x and I played them back on my PA2x.

Korg should update "ALL" of their styles to PA800/PA2x level. The additional styles they include on the CD with the PA2x are not redone for the PA2x!! I love the PA2x but I want to see QUALITY styles available from somebody!! This, as we all know, is were YAMAHA has the advantage.

#230870 - 04/02/08 07:47 AM Re: Korg PA800/PA2X : What Type of Styles Do You Wish You Had More Of ??
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by JCkeeys:
Korg should update "ALL" of their styles , I love the PA2x but I want to see QUALITY styles available from somebody!! This, as we all know, is were YAMAHA has the advantage.

Again this was the deal breaker for me & my pa800....Although what is factory is very good just not enough in the STYLE department & conversions to Korg are very difficult to achieve at best....& the folder system OS makes the task even harder. Its a shame with so many great on-board features the main thing of an arranger "STYLES" is sparse....Korg needs to really stock their style libraries & put style making NUMBER ONE making many more choices available to the users.

#230871 - 04/02/08 07:52 AM Re: Korg PA800/PA2X : What Type of Styles Do You Wish You Had More Of ??
Dnj Offline

Again this was the deal breaker for me & my pa800....Although what is factory is very good just not enough in the STYLE department & conversions to Korg are very difficult to achieve at best....& the folder system OS makes the task even harder. Its a shame with so many great on-board features the main thing of an arranger "STYLES" is sparse....Korg needs to really stock their style libraries & put style making NUMBER ONE making many more choices available to the users. Yamaha trumps all else in the style category availability but not necessarily the style dynamic one on many of their styles. If you could only take bits & pieces of each arranger you could possibly create the "PERFECT ARRANGER" other wise is will always be Choose, Buy, Settle & Workarounds

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 04-02-2008).]

#230872 - 04/02/08 08:25 AM Re: Korg PA800/PA2X : What Type of Styles Do You Wish You Had More Of ??
greenkidd Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Again this was the deal breaker for me & my pa800....Although what is factory is very good just not enough in the STYLE department & conversions to Korg are very difficult to achieve at best....& the folder system OS makes the task even harder. Its a shame with so many great on-board features the main thing of an arranger "STYLES" is sparse....Korg needs to really stock their style libraries & put style making NUMBER ONE making many more choices available to the users. Yamaha trumps all else in the style category availability but not necessarily the style dynamic one on many of their styles. If you could only take bits & pieces of each arranger you could possibly create the "PERFECT ARRANGER" other wise is will always be Choose, Buy, Settle & Workarounds

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 04-02-2008).]

I would like to see more Reggae, Trance, Pop/Hip Hop, R&B, styles and/or a way to get around the arduous process of creating our own. When Korg released the PA800 they said 3rd party styles were immenent. I've see nothing so far. A tutorial that goes into creating custom styles would help me.

I totally agree with DNJ's remarks.

thanks
Brian

[This message has been edited by greenkidd (edited 04-02-2008).]

[This message has been edited by greenkidd (edited 04-02-2008).]

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online