SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 9 of 20 < 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 19 20 >
Topic Options
#230298 - 04/01/08 03:53 AM Re: How many keys? DISCUSSION thread...
spalding Offline

Loc: Birmingham
'But, in fact, you have only to admit to yourself that the last time you said ANYTHING bad about ANY corporation's tactics, methods, decisions or direction is all the proof we need. Let's face it, if ANY corporation could be wrong, then Yamaha could be, too... All you have is faith.'

What planet do you live on ?? Where do you get your information ? When was the last time i said anything bad about a corporation ??? Do you work for the FBI or something !!!

I make no value judgement on how corporations operate whether good or bad. I just comment on how they operate. You really should not comment on my beliefs unless i tell you them first. And i really think it unwise to bring into the discussion other corporate decisons that again were profit motivated (for good or bad) to support your argument. If we are struggling to reach an understanding on very basic business and marketing principles there is no way we are going to agree on what is going on with subprime mortgages and the resale value of internbank debt trading.

I respect your opinion diki but i cant agree with it not because of my faith or lack of faith in corporations. Just my understanding of business and marketing which is something i do know about both in theory and practise.

#230299 - 04/01/08 04:07 AM Re: How many keys? DISCUSSION thread...
spalding Offline

Loc: Birmingham
'All Yamaha had to do..was support it correctly with updates..It was not a winner, because Yamaha chose to make it fail..Tells me just how smart Yamaha is..right.'

please Fran not you too.... :-)

So yamaha employ designers, spend thousands on R&D marketing, setting up distribution networks providing warranties etc for products that they actually want to fail .....

amazing.

#230300 - 04/01/08 04:21 AM Re: How many keys? DISCUSSION thread...
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
All Yamaha had to do..was support it correctly with updates..It was not a winner, because Yamaha chose to make it fail..Tells me just how smart Yamaha is..right..

Boy, I really didn't think you had such an inaccurate view of how a company works...but, I guess I was wrong.

Of course, the way you constantly bash Yamaha, I guess ANY form of criticism is sufficient, even though it is based on conjecture, supposition and downright hooey.

Come on, Fran...you can do better than that.

Ian

#230301 - 04/01/08 05:54 AM Re: How many keys? DISCUSSION thread...
to the genesys Offline

o.K. I know I said I was going to not post in this thread but too many erroneous ideas have been going around.

I am amazed that the Yamaha apologist who are saying that every thing that Yamaha does is perfect in every thing but do not want to admit that the 9000 pro was a failure and Yamaha had a part to play in its failure.

Obviously, Yamaha saw a need for a 76 key arranger. But it was not done well and for reasons other than it being 76 keys it was not doing well in sales and Yamaha abandon it.

I suspect that since it had some workstation features and since it had expansion slots like the workstation, divisional rivalry probably stared Yamaha in abandoning the 9000 pro.

P.s A business decision that is made only for the good of the company and not what the consumers/market want (as the Yamaha apologist state is the reason for Yamaha not making a 76 key arranger) is not a right or good decision. It is just a tactical one.

As this discussion has shown, a 76 key arranger would not hurt Yamaha it would only help them to dominate the arranger market even more. But for strategic purposes, Yamaha chooses not to make one at this time. Because as everyone knows Yamaha would do just as well and even better with a 76 key arranger since number of keys is not the reason people buy the Yamaha arranger.

#230302 - 04/01/08 06:17 AM Re: How many keys? DISCUSSION thread...
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by to the genesys:

As this discussion has shown, a 76 key arranger would not hurt Yamaha it would only help them to dominate the arranger market even more. Because as everyone knows Yamaha would do just as well and even better with a 76 key arranger since number of keys is not the reason people buy the Yamaha arranger.

This discussion has shown nothing of the sort...and, who is "everyone"?

Speak for yourself...I don't agree with you, so please don't include me in your hypothesis.

Ian

#230303 - 04/01/08 08:03 AM Re: How many keys? DISCUSSION thread...
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
bashing Yamaha!!!!!!!!!
read..I actually liked the 9000Pro..and yes they definitely bailed out..on their customers..Ask any 9000Pro owner..Start with Jim Esch...

And this is not an April Fools remark..

With the 9000Pro they were on the right path..the rest of the Yamaha product[arrangers] are "all" geared towards the home player market...period..

As for pro models [and they do make them]..Korg PA2x, Roland G70, Ketron SD1 and MediaStation...what do they all have in common?
76keys and no speakers...

#230304 - 04/01/08 08:09 AM Re: How many keys? DISCUSSION thread...
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
As for pro models [and they do make them]..Korg PA2x, Roland G70, Ketron SD1 and MediaStation...what do they all have in common?
76keys and no speakers...

Yes, and they are all home keyboards...anything with single finger chords is a home keyboard in my opinion.

Ian

#230305 - 04/01/08 09:09 AM Re: How many keys? DISCUSSION thread...
Fran Carango Offline

Ian, if you can't tell the difference between the "pro" arrangers I mentioned and the typical "home" arranger........I rest my case....There is an easily distinguishable difference..

A person would only have to play the keys, lift it up, or look for the output jacks..that are needed for PA connection..Also the higher quality features are obvious...

Surly ..you do notice the differences...You are just kidding us...Right?

If your interpretation of a "home" board is a single finger "option"..you are far off base..I will bet you..just about all who play the"pro" keyboards I mentioned ..do not play single finger recognition mode...

The vast majority of PSR/Tyros most likely do......"Home keyboards"..

#230306 - 04/01/08 09:53 AM Re: How many keys? DISCUSSION thread...
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
If your interpretation of a "home" board is a single finger "option"..you are far off base..I will bet you..just about all who play the"pro" keyboards I mentioned ..do not play single finger recognition mode...

Doesn't matter if they don't play single finger chords...lots of amateurs/home players don't play them either...but many do.

Why is single finger chord on these instruments at all if they are "pro" boards?

That is a "beginner" feature.

My old '63 Ford has "Custom" on the fender...does that make it a custom car?

Of course not.

Just because an instrument has "pro" printed on it doesn't make it "pro"....it's just the same old home keyboard in a different cabinet...and upgraded features/hardware...that's all.

Clever marketing, to be sure....they fooled you! Tsk tsk!

Ian

#230307 - 04/01/08 10:05 AM Re: How many keys? DISCUSSION thread...
Fran Carango Offline

Ian, you are really clueless...

Page 9 of 20 < 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 19 20 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online