SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#22984 - 06/23/05 07:38 AM Looking for Help with Roland VR-760
BCtines Offline

Can anyone assist with the following:

I have a new Roland VR-760. When I try to select the Acoustic Bass sound (Ac Bass) it comes up but it is layered with an organ sound.

How can I unlayer it so I can hear just the bass sound (other than turn down the organ volume).

The manual just tells you haw to create a layer not how to un-layer the board so you ccan get a single sound.

And I see that the factory installed registrations are mostly layered.Is there any way to unlayer those other than somehow creating an unlayered voice and writing it to that registration.

Any help will be very much appreciated.

BC

#22985 - 06/23/05 07:41 AM Re: Looking for Help with Roland VR-760
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
BC, just select your split mode and set your split point..

#22986 - 06/23/05 01:13 PM Re: Looking for Help with Roland VR-760
BCtines Offline

Hi Fran,
Thanks for the quick reply.

So, I if I wanted just the Ac Bass for teh entire keyboard, I should set the spilt for C7, right?

Then save that as a new registration which would punch up as bass only?

BC

#22987 - 06/23/05 01:29 PM Re: Looking for Help with Roland VR-760
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
BC, you could do that, but if you want just bass, it will automatically play across the board in full keyboard mode..
Set the split point[I usually set mine at F3 on a 76 key unit] when you would like left hand bass and right hand piano/organ..
The bass patches are considered synth sounds, you will not be able to split , let's say a left hand bass and a right hand scat..
All your set ups are easily saved with a name in a user spot for immediate recal..

#22988 - 06/23/05 08:37 PM Re: Looking for Help with Roland VR-760
BCtines Offline

Fran,

By full keyboard mode do you mean accessing it by he one touch buttons. That gives full keyboard, but the moment I press the bass tone button I get a split withorgan on top, even though the spllt light is off.

Sorry to be so obtuse about all this, but for some reason this board is noty as simple to catch in some areas as my others. Thanks for your help.

BC

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online