SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 8 of 15 < 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 14 15 >
Topic Options
#229453 - 03/21/08 01:11 PM Re: News about the coming Tyros 3
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by DanO1:
Have you noticed that Yamaha employee's do not participate in this forum any longer ?

When the T2 came out, they were here...now ?

hey we have Ian

#229454 - 03/21/08 08:15 PM Re: News about the coming Tyros 3
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Sorry, guys, but the idea that Yamaha make no 76 arrangers because they are worried about scavenging their own 76 workstation sales is ludicrous...

WS players play WSs, and arranger players play arrangers. The cross pollination is negligible. Few WS users even LOOK at an arranger (even if they can find one!), and few arranger players want a WS (no auto accompaniment, or at least, not in the arranger sense of the word).

No... the only sales a 76 T3 or PSR would scavenge would be Roland or Korg or Ketron 76 sales. Which I am amazed they are not interested in.

Yamaha's own CVP series (which at least PROVES that Yamaha know there are players that need more than 61 notes) are much more expensive, heavier and underpowered compared to even a PSR S900, and basically address a totally different market than the T2/S900 - in fact, the VERY market that Ian claims is the PSR's own - the REAL 'home' user, that requires NO portability, but needs 88 keys for the kids to learn to play properly on, and lets Mom or Pop trot out a few of their favorite tunes in front of the fire.

Rather than the T2 and PSR, which are designed for portability, and contain most of the true 'pro' features like Music Finders, MP3 playback, and flexibility FAR in excess of what that poor 'home' user could possibly ever want. No, so called 'expert' opinion to the contrary, the PSR S900 and T2 ARE Yamaha's 'pro' arrangers, but fail at the incredibly simple task of offering note number choice... something that EVERY other arranger maker acknowledges as necessary to a 'pro' line.

But, hey! What do WE know? We just PLAY the bloody things, and pay for them with our hard earned money. How should WE be able to understand what we need..? Yamaha know FAR better than us what we need, and we should be thanking them for making our playing decisions SO much easier. Obviously, if I can play piano, I should NEVER buy a Yamaha. Thanks for that little known information, Yamaha, otherwise I might have gone on wanting to fill MY needs, and where is the profit in providing customers what they want..?

Just keep letting those obvious idiots at Roland/Ketron/Korg/MS feed my delusions...

#229455 - 03/21/08 08:45 PM Re: News about the coming Tyros 3
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
hey we have Ian

I'd take Ian over Steve Deming any day of the week. Just kidding Steve! I know you are out there lurking occasionally Steve and I am thankful for that. Happy Easter!

Best,
Mike

#229456 - 03/22/08 03:47 AM Re: News about the coming Tyros 3
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Sorry, guys, but the idea that Yamaha make no 76 arrangers because they are worried about scavenging their own 76 workstation sales is ludicrous...

No... the only sales a 76 T3 or PSR would scavenge would be Roland or Korg or Ketron 76 sales. Which I am amazed they are not interested in.

I would have never strayed from Yamaha and the Tyros2 if they made a 76 key version. As we all know a number of others here have done the same moving to either Korg or Roland. Diki, I too am amazed they don't want that business.

[This message has been edited by Stephenm52 (edited 03-22-2008).]

#229457 - 03/22/08 04:01 AM Re: News about the coming Tyros 3
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:

I disagree Diki...I know the workings of the company far better than you do.

Ian

#229458 - 03/22/08 05:47 AM Re: News about the coming Tyros 3
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Gunnar Jonny:

Myself I will stay away as long as it sounds like you're playing
a studiomixed CD on the stereo as soon as you hit a chord.

I know the above has been said by many others, many times before, but it certainly sums up my feelings, as well. In fact, that's more of a turnoff for me than the lack of 76 keys. Just personal preference, though.

chas

#229459 - 03/22/08 06:38 AM Re: News about the coming Tyros 3
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
If they want my money, they most certainly have to!

Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
I repeat...Do you think these big companies need to prove anything to you?

Ian

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#229460 - 03/22/08 07:10 AM Re: News about the coming Tyros 3
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by kbrkr:
If they want my money, they most certainly have to!

I guess your money is going elsewhere...too bad...so sad.

Ian

#229461 - 03/22/08 07:12 AM Re: News about the coming Tyros 3
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
I wonder how many TOTL and upper level Yamaha keboards are sold in comparison to the mid-lower end models. Although the competitors seem to be able to make 76 and 88 models, Yamaha insists on only 61. As was said earlier, I too mostly use 61 notes, but maybe 20-25% of the time want that extra octave or so. Actually, the Nord 73 is a comfortable enough fit.

#229462 - 03/22/08 07:14 AM Re: News about the coming Tyros 3
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by cgiles:
I know the above has been said by many others, many times before, but it certainly sums up my feelings, as well. In fact, that's more of a turnoff for me than the lack of 76 keys. Just personal preference, though.

chas

Gee Chas...that's why I like the Yamaha sound...a finished sound is ....er...finished.

I'd rather have a candy apple paint job than grey primer.

But...to each his own.

Ian

PS...Did you get a set of speakers for your C1? I haven't had a chance to try the Nord yet...health issues put that on hold for a bit....may get to try one next week.

[

[This message has been edited by ianmcnll (edited 03-26-2008).]

Page 8 of 15 < 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 14 15 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online