SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#228774 - 03/08/08 06:30 AM GERUS!! COMPUTER/SOUNDCARD/RECORDING/Problems?
Dnj Offline

Now that I have your attention here is what's happening .......

Using Adobe Audion 1.5 software to record multi-track songs on MY Desk Top Computer which has a RealTek HD Sound card installed which came with it I am experiencing these problems......

Using the from Mic input I record the music on track ONE no problem there...

I go back and while listening to track one thru headphones I record vocals on Track TWO.....

Now if I Mute track one and only listen to Track #2 only I hear Music & Vocals !!!!
Somehow tracks are NOT being isolated and recording together..........this is not good.

Now I try the same thing on my LAPTOP using the same Adobe 1.5 software recording program.....and it works perfectly as it should, all tracks record separately....
I have also A/B's both option settings and they are identical.....which leaves my to believe that my desktop SC is causing the problem somehow......is it time for a pro sound card in my PC.....break out box......etc etc or?

#228775 - 03/08/08 06:58 AM Re: GERUS!! COMPUTER/SOUNDCARD/RECORDING/Problems?
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I went through the exact, same problem last night. Unfortunately, I'm not sure how I solved the problem. (The mind is going to hell.)

If I recall, I went to the sound card and reset everything to Default. Then in Acid Pro 4.0 I clicked on tools/preferences and reset to Default there too. At this point I went back to the sound card and selected Line In for recording, then went back to Acid Pro, clicked on tools/preferences/audio and selected ESS Alegro for all playback devices. Now I pressed record and for recording devices I selected Soundblaster Audiology, which is my sound card. Everything worked fine after that.

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#228776 - 03/08/08 07:27 AM Re: GERUS!! COMPUTER/SOUNDCARD/RECORDING/Problems?
Dnj Offline

I've tried everything......this problem happend with Adobe Audition or Acid pro.....

I always use my laptop to record....but would like to use the desktop also....
I think I'll throw out this sound-card and get a pro one or audio interface... asap.....I have no time for this crap!

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 03-08-2008).]

#228777 - 03/08/08 02:43 PM Re: GERUS!! COMPUTER/SOUNDCARD/RECORDING/Problems?
Dnj Offline

Well I finally got help & figured out this annoying problem.....if it happens to you while recording here is the help & answers I received from the Adobe Forums members thats worked like a charmProblem now Solved by "Muting the Stero Mix" in the recording windows mixer. ....

Does this sound like you?...................

"I recorded track one (music) in the multi-track. Then when I tried to record track two as a separate vocal track, I found that it also recorded the music with it at the same time. This keeps happening!! What can I do?"

Well, you're not alone. If you're using a standard windows soundcard (essentially, ANY Soundblaster, SBLive or compatible, Crystal Audio, ESS, Soundmax, or even some other cards from Turtle Beach) the remedy is changing the input/output settings in your Windows Mixer. Here's how...

In any version of Windows that you have:
- Dbl-click on the yellow (or grey) speaker icon located on the lower right
hand corner of your screen.
- Select Options, Properties.
- In the "Adjust Volume for" area, select Recording.
- This will show you all the devices you can record from, in the
"Show the following volume controls" window.
- Make sure all the devices have a check mark in them.
- Click on OK.
- At the bottom of each recording device, there is a check box
with "Select" to the right of it. Use this to select the recording
device that you want. (if you're recording from Line In, choose LINE. If you're recording from Mic In, choose MIC, etc)
- Make sure the recording Volume is at least half way up.
- Minimize the "Recording Control" window.
- You are ready to record.

Now, if you still have bleed, it's possible that you've either selected something like 'WAVE' for your input device, or perhaps 'Mixed Output' or 'What You Hear'. The latter settings essentially lump ALL audio fed through the soundcard into Adobe Audition. The 'Wave' setting will do exactly what is described above - cause the playback track to be recorded with the overdub track.

If you're using a more pro-level card, chances are it has it's own mixer panel (and thus, is not controlled by the Windows Mixer).

Some cards that have their own mixers: Midiman/M-Audio (Delta series, Audiophile, etc), Echo (Layla, Mona, Gina, etc), Aardvark, Lynx, Frontier Designs, MOTU (828, 2408, etc)... "

#228778 - 03/08/08 03:29 PM Re: GERUS!! COMPUTER/SOUNDCARD/RECORDING/Problems?
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I knew you would eventually work it out!

Cheers,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#228779 - 03/09/08 01:31 AM Re: GERUS!! COMPUTER/SOUNDCARD/RECORDING/Problems?
beachbum Offline

Loc: Austin
Hey Donnie..
I've been using Adobe for years.. I love it.. Let me know if you like some setting help on mixing and mastering as my pain could be your gain..

DJ

#228780 - 03/09/08 10:44 AM Re: GERUS!! COMPUTER/SOUNDCARD/RECORDING/Problems?
Dnj Offline

Ok Dj......I'll be in touch when needed.....

thanx

#228781 - 03/09/08 01:04 PM Re: GERUS!! COMPUTER/SOUNDCARD/RECORDING/Problems?
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Donny.... All this pro gear you use, and you are still using amateur soundcards to record your 'pro' performances..?

Isn't it about time to step up and get yourself something that will record at the same level of quality as you expect from your gigging gear? Not to mention that, if you want to try using your laptop or desktop for virtual instruments, a pro interface with killer drivers is the only thing that will get the latency down to hardware equivalence.

Trust me, these things are NOT all equal...

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online