SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#22872 - 03/21/00 10:53 AM song
Ian Ottoman Offline

Loc: USA
Here is a song- http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/100/infiniti.html
--recorded with an sp808 & jp8000(also, some guitar). This is just the first recording, we plan on adding; vocals, more/different drum sounds, and maybe change the arrangement completely. How does it sound to you?

#22873 - 03/21/00 01:15 PM Re: song
Majik Offline

Loc: Wakefield, RI. USA
Ian
As a foundation for things to come, you have built well. As it is now it needs some embelishment. You plan to experiment with vocals, and drum parts. this will add the needed direction that is now missing. I think that 5:05 might be just a little to long. You might try to trim it to around 3:50 or so depending on the vocal track. I am possessed by the sound. The current percussion goes very well with the strong synth waves but tends to be to predictable after a time. I think you will change this as you progress into a final composition. My final thought; I like it. It has, or should I say, you have potential. Well it has potential too. I have put it into my mp3 library and will be looking to see what becomes of it. Best of luck.
Majik

#22874 - 03/21/00 02:07 PM Re: song
Ian Ottoman Offline

Majik,

Thanks a lot for the review. Yes this song is by no means complete. The drum track is a loop from the 808' s demo disk. It will be redone, with fills, cymbals, and some poly rythme Hi Hat and/or shakers, but with same groove. My bandmate who does the lyrics always has something sophisticated and clever for every song.
I am really happy you picked up on the "possesive" feel flow of the song. That is something we strive for. It is like going on a journey.
About the time, yeah it maybe a little long for commercial radio or video, but personally I like it. And it could always change, but that will really depend on the vocals.
When we get more of final mix together I' ll post a link. Do you have any songs on the web? I am interested to hear what you are doing.
thanks again
Ian

#22875 - 03/21/00 04:30 PM Re: song
chrisb Offline

I really like the feel of the song as well. It has a smooth and mellow approach. What you have is a very good foundation to add onto! I do think once you add more it will become much better of course. One idea would be to speed it up and put a 4-on-the-floor beat on top. It could be an interesting trance song! Just an idea. I thought I had heard that beat somewhere! If you want to check out some of my music and tell me what you think ( the song "painted" in particular) go to:
http://fold.iuma.com

BTW, sorry for not replying to your Sp808 and Jp8000 question, I really don't know what to tell you? You might want to check out the Sp808 forum( if you're not a regular there already?)
http://www.network54.com/forum/9482

#22876 - 03/22/00 07:36 AM Re: song
Ian Ottoman Offline

Thanks Chrisb,

I listen to your song "painted" and I like it. Very tight and mello with
a killer beat. You defiently have your shit together. We both are doing some very similar things.
I think we are going to try and speed the song up next time. This song was influenced a lot by trance music. From sasha, memnon, to Kay Cee and BT.
About the 808 & 8000 question we are going to try out an electribe. From what I read it does the same thing as the sp and you record patches into it.
Ian

#22877 - 03/22/00 08:02 AM Re: song
Majik Offline

Loc: Wakefield, RI. USA
Ian
Sorry, my current recording contracts will not let me put free music out on the web. I have given some thought to puting some things, that are not already sold, out there under a false name. My agent says that would be like commiting suicide. I lecture to others about getting into undesireable situations, and look here, I'm up to my neck in legal shit. If you ever get to a position where you will need to sign on the dotted line, and I think you might, READ CAREFULLY and then think about me before you sign.
About the time. For commericial use 3:50 would be nice. Personally, I'm with you,5:05 is great, even longer would not put me off.
It would be great to go out to the beach behind my house about midnight, put a CD of your music in the player, lay out on a blanket and get lost in the stars.(summer time of course!) I think both you and Chris have a great future. Go for it guys!!!
Best of luck
Majik

#22878 - 05/31/00 09:06 AM Re: song
Lith Offline

Infiniti has released 3 new songs. Check them out at: mp3.com/infiniti

Let us know what you think!

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online