Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#228419 - 03/02/08 10:12 AM Re: Yamaha - Ketron - Korg comparison
Dnj Offline

Vocalizers:
Roland G70
Korg(only the TC Helicon)
Ketron ( Good but quirky )
Yamaha doesn't qualify for this category & needs to totaly replace the unit in their KB's period!

Styles:

Very Useable, Smooth fills/breaks/generic & repetitive:
Yamaha

Punchy/live Sound:
Ketron/Korg/Roland

Swing/Latin:
Yamaha/Korg (swing) Ketron/Korg Latin

Sounds:
They all have terrific engines now...
each with different strengths & nuances depending on how you play them.

Roland Touch screen/makeup tools
Yamaha
Newer Korgs
Ketron tie with Korg once you get the idea on how they work.

#228420 - 03/02/08 10:25 AM Re: Yamaha - Ketron - Korg comparison
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
I would pretty much echo DonM's findings...except the OS category..

I think folks are confusing what they are use to ...and the best OS..

OS can be different things to different people..

I find Yamaha to be one of the least favorite OS...and Roland the best...why because I am use to Roland and prefer it..

Some of the OS has to do with saving and loading data...another area can be features..and another the ability to get around...another the ability to edit[and in a live situation]...Roland excels in all of these....Yamaha does not..Korg does not...Ketron does not...

Think about what I am saying with an open mind...

#228421 - 03/02/08 10:42 AM Re: Yamaha - Ketron - Korg comparison
Dnj Offline

Fran I really enjoyed the Roland G70 OS..in fact when I switched KB's I was lost for a few days & very uncomfortable...without the makeup tools, touch screen, ability to finetune EACH "individual Drum part" & its temperament....same for the sounds & style parts.......again OS is subjective to different people's learning & playing ability, but in no way does all this buying & selling change your talent to play.....many people think it does ....but it isn't true.

#228422 - 03/02/08 01:18 PM Re: Yamaha - Ketron - Korg comparison
JIMSAX Offline

Loc: Baltimore MD USA
Hi Guys,

My two cents. I have been giging with my T2 now for about 2 years and I'm still finding new new features. There are areas that I have'nt touched, such as voice creater or style creator. I have done a lot of tweaking of drums,fx, and so on. As for the harmonizer that every one likes to hammer, I've got it sounding good enough that I discarded the digitech that I used for years.

Other than the T1 & T2 I have very little experience with the other kbs in this thread. Be for I purchased my T1 I had an opertunity to play an Sd1 for a couple of hours, was not impressed. I did'nt like the os or the sound. The weight of the keyboard was also a factor. I am extremely happy with my Yammies.

My two cents,

Jim

#228423 - 03/02/08 01:21 PM Re: Yamaha - Ketron - Korg comparison
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by zuki:
Many folks get a product and spend months on end trying to make it work, only to get frustrated

Whereas some folks get a product, spend months on it, and get rewarded. Just how full is the glass, Zuki..?

If you always think that anything that needs initial effort isn't worth the time, I am sad that your life has led you to expect that. One would have thought that, as a successful businessman, you would have been the FIRST to acknowledge that most things don't come perfect the first time. Imagine if Edison had your approach.

The truth is, you have probably forgotten how long it took you to master the Yamaha's to the level you are at now. And simply assume that anything new should be as 'instinctive' as you have persuaded yourself that Yamaha's are, once you forget about the time that 'instinct' took to develop. Give almost anything else that same amount of time, odds are you WILL find it both easier (for some features) and harder (for others). That's just how it is.

One can only hope your ability to find the time to develop new instincts increases for your T2 purchase. Otherwise, back to the shop for it! Whatever new features the T2 has will take as long to grasp as any other arrangers. Sure, the features it has in common with the S900 will feel natural, but get this frustrated with ANY effort to master the sampler, for instance, and you might as well stick to the S900...

The list at the top of the thread from you is amusing, at best. As a businessman, how much stock do you set in someone ELSE'S opinion, that has spent as little time as you on developing that opinion? Probably about as much as you would put in mine, were I to buy an S900 for a day, and then place it at the bottom (or close!) of every category...

#228424 - 03/02/08 01:24 PM Re: Yamaha - Ketron - Korg comparison
Dnj Offline

Jim Id love to hear a short demo using the T2 harmonizer so I can a/b it with others I have used like the TC Helicon & Digitec VR units.....what are your secrets/settings? I had a 21k/3k/s900/T1/T2 and still HATE the vocalizer.
I'm not singling you out Jim, but here on the forum so many people are always talking about whats the best sounds, KB's, styles, etc, etc, ....but no one ever produces any demos or examples to show what they are really talking about to substantiate what they are claiming so we can all listen & learn....after all isn't that what its all about?

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 03-02-2008).]

#228425 - 03/03/08 07:45 AM Re: Yamaha - Ketron - Korg comparison
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
I wonder if we can get a poll up on the site,

you have to be a registered forum user to access it with your forum registered name

only 1 vote per catagory, and it should be a 1 - 5,
1 being worst, 5 being best

#228426 - 03/03/08 01:52 PM Re: Yamaha - Ketron - Korg comparison
Diki Offline

Frank... as little time as SOME spend developing these opinions, what use would it really be?

#228427 - 03/03/08 01:59 PM Re: Yamaha - Ketron - Korg comparison
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
Well it's more of a general information, to see what everyone thinks about each machine, what each person likes and dislike about the machine they have used..

I seen these polls on alot of sites, I'm not going to kill myself if they answer do not follow my thinking.

I have talked to a bunch of forum members and not agreed with all of their points but that's how I learn, from other people's comments

#228428 - 03/03/08 02:35 PM Re: Yamaha - Ketron - Korg comparison
Diki Offline

I guess the problem is that different people have diametrically opposite opinions. Not much to learn there, other than 'folks differ'!

I'll save you some time... Just about everybody will LOVE what they have, and dislike everything else they've tried.

Sound familiar?

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online