SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#227979 - 02/26/08 11:03 AM Roland E-50: Do any major chains in the U.S. sell these?
TedS Offline

Loc: North Texas, USA
Have any of you actually seen one of these in your local music store?

I checked several major chains (Musician's Friend, Sweetwater, ZZounds, Sam Ash, Music123, Guitar Center, Brook Mays, etc.) None of them listed the E-50 or E-60 on their websites. A few stores still show the skunked-out Exr-5s. A web search suggests the new models are more readily available in Europe and the UK.

I called one nearby dealer I found thru the Roland website. He said they have no plans to order any because they aren't big sellers. IMO this is evidence that Roland is not serious about competing in the Arranger market in the US. If the product is not available or visible in the distribution chain, no one can buy it. So if you have seen one in a chain store, please post here! -Ted

#227980 - 02/26/08 11:18 AM Re: Roland E-50: Do any major chains in the U.S. sell these?
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Ted, I haven't seen any, but George Kaye has some I'm sure.
BTW, there will be one at the Shreveport Arranger Jam in April.
Here's info on it: http://www.donmasonmusic.com/legionmap08.html
DonM

#227981 - 02/26/08 12:19 PM Re: Roland E-50: Do any major chains in the U.S. sell these?
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
You need to check on Roland US's website http://www.rolandus.com/dealer_locator/

Then call the stores. Where are you located?

They are not available at chain stores, you have to go to an authorized Roland CK dealer.

#227982 - 02/26/08 12:51 PM Re: Roland E-50: Do any major chains in the U.S. sell these?
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
And even most CK dealers don't handle them. When I was looking for my e60, dealers didn't know squat about any of the E series. They're usually too busy selling big grands or big digitals. Most don't want to mess around with this portable, low priced stuff. Luckily, George Kaye handles them. I was even luckier to get a B stock item which saved me a few hundred extra bucks. Having owned a G70 too, I'd say the E 50/60/80 models are definitely worth the search. Call George, he'll do right by you.

#227983 - 02/26/08 01:04 PM Re: Roland E-50: Do any major chains in the U.S. sell these?
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
Thank you friends!
Yes, I have E50's in my store and I even still have 1 "B" stock left. I'm all out of E60s though right now.
I can save you a couple of hundred dollars on the B stock.
Let me know if you are interested, and again, thanks for your support!

------------------
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
818-881-5566
www.kayesmusicscene.com
(Retired 2021)

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online