SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#227776 - 02/25/08 12:12 AM Help with choosing keyboards
bibi00 Offline

I've been a pianist for quite a while now. I have an electric piano and lately, i've messing with the limited pads, sounds, been modulation controls,etc to get the shoegaze/ dream pop sounds in that piano.

I'm looking for a workstation or synthesizer that can create many different dreamy sounds that i'm looking for (not just presets, i want knobs,etc) and something in the synthesizer that can create my customized drum loops. Does such workstation or synthesizer exist? If so, what are some good and relatively inexpensive ones?

#227777 - 02/25/08 09:38 AM Re: Help with choosing keyboards
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Check out the Roland Juno G..under $1,000

#227778 - 02/26/08 05:35 PM Re: Help with choosing keyboards
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Good recommendation, Fran. I second that.

#227779 - 02/26/08 06:31 PM Re: Help with choosing keyboards
Steve A Offline

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
BIBI00

Man I just went through looking for a workstation for 2 months....My budget was $1000

I played everything, considered arrangers, checked reviews day & night...

I finally settled on a "used" Korg Triton Extreme 76 keys for $900...It's fabulous...Man what a machine

That aside I personally didn't like the feel of the JUNO G keys...Felt a little "toyish" for my taste...Sequencer has limitations though it has 4 audio tracks you can record into the sequencer (eg.acoustic guitar/bass)which in that price range is great...Was gonna get one till I looked a little further & found the EXTREME

The Korg TR 61 felt better and I think sounds better than the JUNO G...You can get that for about $800 if you stick to your guns....I think you can get the Juno for close to that too if you refuse to pay more at GC...

I personally would've bought the TR 61 if I didn't find this "used" EXTREME 76 for $900...But to me they were both just a tad lower than what I was looking for...More like a "semi-pro" workstation

Here's an insider tip from someone who has done his homework...The Fantom X is on its way out and will drop significantly in price in the next few months...look for a MAJOR price drop...Roland figures it should end up in the $1300-$1400 dollar range maybe less...

Might be worth the 2 month wait..

Just a thought........

Steve Altonian
http://www.soundclick.com/stevealtonian

[This message has been edited by Steve A (edited 02-26-2008).]

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online