SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#22725 - 11/23/00 02:04 PM XV-88 Patch Finder trouble
popillo Offline

Loc: Venezuela
I recently bought an XV-88, but got a problem. In the PATCH mode, using the PATCH FINDER function, there are two categories I can't reach: BEAT & GROOVE and DRUMS. I need help, I don't know if this is normal, the display shows CATEGORY NOT FOUND.
Please help, email me.
THANX

#22726 - 11/24/00 06:22 PM Re: XV-88 Patch Finder trouble
KeyboardFreak Offline

Hey popillo.... sorry if I offend you, but I have no clue what you are talking about.... I own the XV-88 and there are no patch category's called "beat & groove" or "drums" as far as I know... On mine the drums are all located in a category called "percussion" (Almost sure about that name... don't feel like running and powering it up to check) I definitely do not recall either of those categorys you said though... maybe your XV is a newer version and they renamed them.... can you get to any percussion patches??? How about percussion waveforms when editing a patch???? Also you can just press the "Rhythm" button, next to the "Patch" and "Perform" buttons, that will give you drum sets instead of just one sound. What kind of sounds are you looking for??? They may be found in a different category.... "beat and groove" in "techno" or something like that. Does this help??

------------------
John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that He gave His only Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

#22727 - 11/25/00 09:26 AM Re: XV-88 Patch Finder trouble
popillo Offline

Loc: Venezuela
Thanx 4 the reply KeyboardFreak.You didn't offend me, at all. I just received a reply from EPU saying that it was normal(no trouble at all)
The thing was, in Patch mode, holding the PATCH FINDER button and selecting RHY & SFX from the numeric pad, there are these categories: BEAT & GROOVE and DRUMS. If you select any of these with the cursor, and press ENTER, the display reads:CATEGORY NOT FOUND. EPU told me that the XV doesn't come with these categories, but to me it doesn't seemed normal that the factory settings have this option, since the synth itself is not able to locate them or even use them (they don't exist!).
The answer was in knowing the "Roland way" (XV's don't come with these categories but they're already putting their names in them)
Thanx KeyboardFreak

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online