SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#227142 - 02/16/08 06:18 PM Re: Another one bites the dust!
zuki Offline

Diki,

That makes sense.....

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#227143 - 02/16/08 06:21 PM Re: Another one bites the dust!
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Diki ... haven't you ever met someone who 'knocked you off your feet' and you tell all your friends only to find out later things weren't quite what you thought ?
t.
PS: Just because someone may purchase and praise a kb only to try to sell it a short time later doesn't necessarily make it a "lemon" does it? ... "One man's rose" and all that ...?
t.
PPS: Since 1992 I've owned a total of 2 arrangers ...

[This message has been edited by tony mads usa (edited 02-16-2008).]

#227144 - 02/16/08 06:28 PM Re: Another one bites the dust!
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
I still like my E-60.

#227145 - 02/16/08 06:39 PM Re: Another one bites the dust!
Steve A Offline

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
SUKI

Don't trip....I played the PA 800 for about 15 seconds in Guitar Center the other day and it was an absolute toy...I just shook my head...For $2600 or whatever? For that $$$ it should blow me away...Like I said 15 seconds and I just walked away...

The Roland E-60 I played at George Kayes last week was so much nicer....and almost 1/2 the price...

I'm kinda new to playing arrangers but feel-wise I was NOT gonna waste my time playing on such an expensive board that sounded so thin & felt "toyish" at that price-tag...TOTAL INSULT

------------------
Steve A

http://www.soundclick.com/stevealtonian

#227146 - 02/16/08 07:01 PM Re: Another one bites the dust!
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Quote:
Originally posted by tony mads usa:
chas ... I sorry I piss you off ... but remember it is better to be pissed off, than pissed ON !!! ... and you make me feel like the latter ...
t.

Tony, you've got a totally wrong read on this. I wasn't referring to you in that analogy but in the interest of avoiding future confrontational posts, let's agree to simply not respond to each other's posts. For the record, I don't recall attacking any of YOUR posts, at least none that weren't directed at me.

chas

#227147 - 02/16/08 07:11 PM Re: Another one bites the dust!
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Welcome to the wonderful world of arrangers, Steve...

Even the manufacturers have this love/hate thing going on. Yamaha make some amazing sounding arrangers, but put them in a box with keybeds, knobs and buttons you'd expect on a Wal-Mart $100 toy. It's an insult to the users that happily pony up $1600 for something that the same price (in a WS) will buy you something built like a class piece of kit...

But, it's the only game they play, so buy Yamaha, you HAVE to make the concession. That E60 is a nice piece at that price point, though. So it's not ALL bad...

I think it's a good choice for you, because the sequencer is quite full featured, and there are some very good tools called Makeup Tools (sounds like a factory girl I knew!) that make it a snap to edit styles quickly to sound quite different to OOTB (out of the box). I have it's big brother, the G70, and sonically they are quite similar. A very 'live', in your face sound from the drums, a GREAT piano (get one, I'll show you how to tweak the piano to be even better!), and some styles that sound very 'live drummer'. Just don't get put off by the banks and banks of ballroom styles and polkas! Check out the 'Live Band' styles FIRST!

At that price point, I don't think you can find anything built as well, with 76 keys (who can play real piano parts on a 61? ) and such a good live sound.

#227148 - 02/16/08 08:14 PM Re: Another one bites the dust!
spalding Offline

Loc: Birmingham
'Big BIG difference in that "nearly identical" model. I had a PA1xpro, and it was clumsy, heavy and did not stack up to the vocal capabilities of the PA800. The 800 is a step up from the 1x in my book.'

Name the big differences.

The PA800 vocaliser is a downgrade from the PA1X vocaliser. Even the manufacturer acknowledges that ! The OS and functionality of the PA1X is almost identical to the PA800 so what was clumsy about the PA1X that is not on the PA800 ? Granted its heavier but thats because the onboard speakers of the PA1X are much better than the PA800 (again a fact acknowledged by the manufacturer to reduce weight).

Just curious to know how the differences between the two instruments can be deemed big by any rational like for like comparrison. No disrepsect intended.

#227149 - 02/16/08 11:21 PM Re: Another one bites the dust!
adimatis Offline

Loc: Oradea, RO
diki,
i am quite impressed!
you make a very good E60 apologist! after all, you see it's n too that bad... reading your post, i would almost buy another one! - just teasing.

steve,
you should be warned though: E60 sounds ar not the same quality as G70/E80. also, please note that your "total insult" is actually what alot of people prefer. they might be offended by your almighty statement. of course it's up to your ears, but my ears tell me differently, and you should keep in mind a fact that is true: as far as i know korg has put the same sound engine in the cheapest of their arrangers just as the best of theirs. while roland DID NOT.

[This message has been edited by adimatis (edited 02-17-2008).]

#227150 - 02/17/08 09:45 AM Re: Another one bites the dust!
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote:
Originally posted by cgiles:
Tony, you've got a totally wrong read on this. I wasn't referring to you in that analogy but in the interest of avoiding future confrontational posts, let's agree to simply not respond to each other's posts. For the record, I don't recall attacking any of YOUR posts, at least none that weren't directed at me.
chas

chas ... sorry if I mis-read that, but it was difficult NOT to ...

As for not 'attacking' any of my posts, perhaps a re-read of your reply to me in BeBop's thread is in order ...

Also, I can't promise that I won't respond to any of your posts because they ARE often thought provoking ... but if I disagree, remember, that it is the ISSUE that I may have a problem with, not the PERSON ...

And that goes for ANY of my posts ...

PEACE ...
t.

[B]NOTE TO ALL S-Z MEMBERS; I apologize for having this discussion here on the Zone, but it is the only means for chas and I to speak with each other ...

t.

#227151 - 02/17/08 10:10 AM Re: Another one bites the dust!
zuki Offline

That's OK Tony -

It's quite entertaining for the rest of us

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online