SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#227055 - 02/14/08 01:22 PM FS Traynor K4 KB Amp
Dnj Offline

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130199114071&_trksid=p3907.m32&_trkparms=tab%3DSelling

Hurry!

Making room for my new Yorkville NX750P

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 02-17-2008).]

#227056 - 02/14/08 03:14 PM Re: FS Traynor K4 KB Amp
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
(trying not to smirk too much)

#227057 - 02/14/08 04:01 PM Re: FS Traynor K4 KB Amp
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Donny, this is unbelieveable. How can you do this? What does the Yorkville have that the Traynor doesn't? Aren't the two brands made by the same parent company?

#227058 - 02/14/08 06:34 PM Re: FS Traynor K4 KB Amp
Uncle Dave Offline

Donny...SIXTY POUNDS ! SIXTY !!!!!
You're going the wrong way, my friend.

#227059 - 02/14/08 07:15 PM Re: FS Traynor K4 KB Amp
JCkeeys Offline

Loc: St. James,New York,USA
http://www.fbtusa.net/a900.html

I went from Yorkville powered speakers to FBT. Checkout the FBT stuff, I think most would be surprised at how good it is!!

#227060 - 02/14/08 07:46 PM Re: FS Traynor K4 KB Amp
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Sure is a long throw from a pair of CM-30's. Are you getting a pair to replace the mackie SRM450's?

Yorkville

#227061 - 02/15/08 10:40 AM Re: FS Traynor K4 KB Amp
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Let's get a little disclosure here, Donny...

You aren't buying all this stuff at MAP, are you? You are getting it at dealer cost through someone, yes? (Fran, or someone else?)

You say you aren't losing money doing this constant equipment swapping. Well, no-one's going to pay you MAP for a used piece of gear. And most stores have a 15% restocking fee (15% of a K4 is close to $150). Are you paying this just to try the amp?

I imagine most of us would have your approach to gear if it didn't cost us anything (but our time!), but in all fairness, that's not how most of us have access to equipment. It would help explain a LOT about your habits if you 'fessed up about what kind of price you are paying. You've gone through what? Four arrangers in the last year?

For the rest of us mere mortals, thats about $1000 in either restocking fees, or depreciation (buy new, sell used). And that's just the arrangers! Now add all the rest of the stuff you try.

So, please be honest... Are you getting your stuff at a dealer discount..?

It's not that we mind, far from it. Good on 'yer, mate! It just would just go a long way to explaining why you never settle down and remain satisfied with one setup. If it costs you nothing to do this, or maybe you even make out a little ( ), what you are doing makes a lot more sense.

#227062 - 02/15/08 11:51 AM Re: FS Traynor K4 KB Amp
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Seems like Donny got a bargain on floor samples of the CM-30's and asked as much or close to it as he paid (maby more). If you have the time, that's the way to minimize total equipment costs, especially, when you add the depreciation factor.

Of course, if you depreciate a piece to zero, you're supposed to pay capital gains tax on the proceeds from the sale (*or difference between book value and selling proceeds). And, we ALL know we each look forward to paying that, right?

At least that's a better approach than mine. I just stack old equipment in the warehouse and let it rot!

CPA (in a previous life) Lay

[This message has been edited by captain Russ (edited 02-15-2008).]

#227063 - 02/16/08 07:16 AM Re: FS Traynor K4 KB Amp
Uncle Dave Offline

Diki,
What we pay is our own business. many of us have connections that allow for extra special deals. I pride myself on almost NEVER allowing depreciation on anything I buy. I always seem to sell b4 I loose. That's a personal skill I seem to have mastered. I know many others on the forum can buy at wholesale, or close to it.
I also keep good relationships with ALL my dealer frineds because I need service too, and I like to help the businessman out.

No one needs to disclose their buying trends to anyone, or justify why they upgrade more often than others. Let's just learn from each other, and give back when we can!

BTW - Russ, that was a VERY entertaing read!

#227064 - 02/16/08 01:57 PM Re: FS Traynor K4 KB Amp
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Dave:
Many of us have connections that allow for extra special deals. I know many others on the forum can buy at wholesale, or close to it.

And quite a lot, from what I read, do not...

How much anyone pays is their own business, I completely agree. But when one of us is CONSTANTLY going through new equipment, and rarely holds on to anything for more than a few weeks, well, that's a game that few can play without starting to lose money. You HAVE to buy WELL below MAP to be able to turn things over at that rate without losing a whole stack of change.

All I wanted was some kind of clue as to how Donny manages to get away with this. It would certainly explain a lot.

[This message has been edited by Diki (edited 02-16-2008).]

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online