Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#227008 - 02/14/08 08:19 AM New Software for Yamaha
Jørgen Sørensen Offline

Loc: Denmark
Hello

Today I have released my 25th software.

The new software is named "Music Finder File Manager", and as the name says it is for managing "Music Finder" files.

The program can be used for creating, updating, and sorting records in "Music Finder" Files.

Furthermore two files can be merged; and duplicate records can be deleted.

Data records can be read from and saved as Yamaha format files or tabulator delimited files.

More information at http://www.jososoft.dk/yamaha/software/mffm/index.htm

Kind Regards

Jørgen

------------------
The Unofficial YAMAHA Keyboard Resource Site

#227009 - 02/14/08 10:33 AM Re: New Software for Yamaha
Dnj Offline

Does it let your SAVE TRANSPOSE in the MFD?

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 02-14-2008).]

#227010 - 02/15/08 12:48 PM Re: New Software for Yamaha
Jørgen Sørensen Offline

Hi

No. This is not possible.

Regards
Jørgen

------------------

#227011 - 02/15/08 01:55 PM Re: New Software for Yamaha
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Jørgen Sørensen:
Hi

No. This is not possible.

Regards
Jørgen

Jorgen....do you think this can be accomplished in the future...what is the difficulty in adding this to the MFD.

#227012 - 02/15/08 09:07 PM Re: New Software for Yamaha
saxxman Offline

Loc: Niceville, FL USA
Jorgen - GREAT SOFTWARE! Keep up the excellent work! Also, I totally agree with the other guys - if you can add the transpose setting to this thing... it would be an amazing feature and would add new life to the Yammies! Then, all we'd need is a link to the text file w/lyrics and we'd be in true "Jorgen Heaven".

Keep up the great work!

Randy

PA4X, SX900 (Baby Genos), Roland U-20, L1 Compact, Way 2 Many Saxes

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

#227013 - 02/15/08 11:51 PM Re: New Software for Yamaha
Jørgen Sørensen Offline

Hi

To my best knowledge of the secret Yamaha Operating System; it can not handle transpose in MFD.

But having revealed many "hidden" features and functions during the years; you have teased my curiosity.

In fact there are some unused bytes in each Music Finder record. Wonder what these are meant for?

Well, go for it... once again
Jørgen

------------------

#227014 - 02/16/08 07:22 AM Re: New Software for Yamaha
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Randy and Donny,

I agree both a Transpose and Lyrics link feature with be incredible, and hopefully the gurus of Yamaha's engineering department get this message along with all the others we have been posting over the past several years. I sincerely believe it would not take much of an OS update to accomplish both goals, which essentially would transform the Music Finder Directory into a lightweight version of their registration system.

Keep your fingers crossed, or better yet, fire off a letter to Yamaha.

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#227015 - 02/16/08 12:41 PM Re: New Software for Yamaha
saxxman Offline

Gary - you are dead on. If Jorgen can access the the tempo and meter settings, it's just a couple bytes away from being able to change the key and maybe even lyrics files as well.

It would be a terrific to be able to select your songs via the music finder vice registrations.

By the way Gary - I was playing my T2 today and I went through all your Gig 11 and Gig 12 songs... man, they are very nice! You do such Great Work! Thanks again for sharing such great setups!

Randy

PS - hang in there - the weather in MD has got to break for Spring soon... it's 70 degrees here today and beautiful outside. Now if we can just keep that all yeat...

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

#227016 - 02/16/08 01:14 PM Re: New Software for Yamaha
Jørgen Sørensen Offline

Hello

Thank you for belief in me. But I think I am not worthy for it.

Yes, there are some bytes in each record in the Music Finder File which obviously are not used (these bytes are zero in all records).

I have given these bytes some different values. Result: My PSR 3000 does not care at all!

I have not tested all 256 possible values for each byte; but it is most unlikely, that the values in these bytes even is read by the keyboard operating system. These bytes might reserved for future use, I don't know.

I will give it another try; but please don't expect too much. You'd better expect nothing at all.

Kind Regards
Jørgen

------------------

#227017 - 02/16/08 05:18 PM Re: New Software for Yamaha
saxxman Offline

Jorgen and others - for what it's worth, I sent Yamaha an email asking them to consider updating the OS (if necessary) to allow the music finder database to include transpose settings. I doubt I'll hear anything, but I directed them to the SZ.

Jorgen - keep up the great work!

Randy

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online