SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#226901 - 02/12/08 03:17 PM Is This the Possible Future for Arrangers?
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK

#226902 - 02/12/08 03:48 PM Re: Is This the Possible Future for Arrangers?
LIONSTRACS Offline

Loc: Italy
Maybe not from Lionstracs and Qranger..
But for sure the next future arranger generation must be made under one complete audio-midi-vst Timeline SEQ. ( Logic Audio or Ardour.. )
sorry..forget the link.. http://ardour.org/files/ardour_au.png

[This message has been edited by LIONSTRACS (edited 02-12-2008).]

#226903 - 02/13/08 12:39 AM Re: Is This the Possible Future for Arrangers?
adimatis Offline

Loc: Oradea, RO
this would be a style creator dream!

it looks very flexible and i hope one day, soon enough, we'll see it in practice.
if you add a 12/13" touch screen, or even bigger, that would be perfect.
i am not convinced about the audio-arranger thing, i believe that can not be done without high performance disk streaming, high proccessing power, and with huge amount of work - recording, editing, etc.
but an easy mix of different midi loops/phrases, in the manner described in one of the videos, like i said, would be a dream! i'd love that!

#226904 - 02/13/08 03:00 AM Re: Is This the Possible Future for Arrangers?
Anonymous
Unregistered

There is another direction via Midi sounds that has not been discussed or developed: real time parameter changes of patterns. This is being done in the Korg Karma and it seems to me that it could be transferred to arranger patterns. That is, one could use all the existing arranger patterns but allow Karma-like changes in real time on top of the patterns. This would add musically significant "randomness" to arranger styles. Anyone know if such Karma like arranger features are in the works?

#226905 - 02/13/08 04:58 AM Re: Is This the Possible Future for Arrangers?
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
I have one question;

How do the wav, mp3, recorded loops recognize chord changes the way a midi file does?

------------------
Al Giordano
http://www.arrangerworld.com

Tyros 2, Yamaha P-250, Korg Triton Extreme 76, Roland VK8-M, DW Collectors Series Drums, Roland SPD-S.

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#226906 - 02/27/08 08:34 AM Re: Is This the Possible Future for Arrangers?
LIONSTRACS Offline

Loc: Italy
Here also some video demo update of the Qranger and how to import EMC styles.

First run the EMC Style converter and export to SEQ the styles: http://www.lionstracs.com/demo/qranger/EMCexport.swf

then copy the all styles-midifiles on the MS Hard disk with WinScp ( you can use also the USB memory stick): http://www.lionstracs.com/demo/qranger/WinSCP.swf

After you have the all styles on the MS HD, you can start use the Qranger editor: http://www.lionstracs.com/demo/qranger/QrangerEMCaudio.wmv
here some simple example how to load EMC midi styles and add some Audio tracks.
Note that the Qranger editor have only the Direct mode switch, so when you touch with the mouse one pattern/chords tab, will switch direct, without quantization switch mode.

here another demo how to import multiple styles and save it on new session file: http://www.lionstracs.com/demo/qranger/QrangerEMCmulti.wmv

After the session is saved, under MS Ptach you can recall and witch the all patterns/chords under direct or quatize mode.
After one Qranger session is loaded, you can every time press EDIT, will open the editor, you can make the all editing that you want and save it again.
Also available SAVE AS: where you can save a new version with different audio loops/midi/effects and so on...
In the main style folder will be saved multiple session used like a presets, where then you can define wich session/preset Dfault you will use every time that you return back to play this style.

Maybe now you get better the idea how is working this tool..more simple like that...
cheers

#226907 - 02/28/08 01:08 PM Re: Is This the Possible Future for Arrangers?
Filipe Tomas Offline

This style edition method are very nice, congratulations LIONSTRACS

#226908 - 02/28/08 01:48 PM Re: Is This the Possible Future for Arrangers?
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I guess we need some sort of word that differentiates between triggering loops as an arrangement device, and 'styles' used in the traditional arranger sense.

As I've said a bunch of times... There is NO WAY to alter the recording 'inside' a loop. You can slow it down, speed it up, and you can transpose the entire loop, and sometimes the individual slices within a loop, but you can't turn a loop of a min6 chord into a maj7. Period.

So, as these things don't respond to chord TYPE changes unless it's a vast selection of loops meticulously recorded to contain ALL possible chord types, AND an arranger engine that's capable of selecting the correct loop for EACH of these chord types (I don't know how many the MS can individually recognize and route to the correct loop - most arranger's simply have maj, min 7th and sometimes dim, the rest are extrapolated by NTT's, which won't work for a loop), some other word needs to be used.

'Loop arranging', 'Live DJ-ing', whatever. But it sure ain't using an 'arranger' in the traditional sense.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online