I guess we need some sort of word that differentiates between triggering loops as an arrangement device, and 'styles' used in the traditional arranger sense.

As I've said a bunch of times... There is NO WAY to alter the recording 'inside' a loop. You can slow it down, speed it up, and you can transpose the entire loop, and sometimes the individual slices within a loop, but you can't turn a loop of a min6 chord into a maj7. Period.

So, as these things don't respond to chord TYPE changes unless it's a vast selection of loops meticulously recorded to contain ALL possible chord types, AND an arranger engine that's capable of selecting the correct loop for EACH of these chord types (I don't know how many the MS can individually recognize and route to the correct loop - most arranger's simply have maj, min 7th and sometimes dim, the rest are extrapolated by NTT's, which won't work for a loop), some other word needs to be used.

'Loop arranging', 'Live DJ-ing', whatever. But it sure ain't using an 'arranger' in the traditional sense.