SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#226360 - 02/06/08 01:47 PM Re: Why I decided to sell the E-60
Dnj Offline

Good Ian....stay the course there much more to come & learn ....now if we can get
Mr. Yee back on the SZ we'll be cookin' with gas baby!!!

#226361 - 02/06/08 02:07 PM Re: Why I decided to sell the E-60
adimatis Offline

Loc: Oradea, RO
apart the wife thing, i guess we have much more options now than few years ago!

there are more than one or two alternatives, and yes, i guess it's simply the fact you can make a change that would eventualy determine the change itself. which is good.

i'll keep the E60, but if i get a good offer for it, i might want to check the new korg (pa500, in the same price range).
there are some things that keeps me not completely happy with E60, and while there are some serious advantages, these little issues bugs me quite often. i am not sure if i'll ever be 100% happy with a keyboard (i might suffer from the same sindrome as many of us here ) but i am still on that quest for sure. the difference is i need to get the best price/quality ratio, so i only can "play" in the cheap(er) arranger zone.
so far, so good.
i tried korg, now it's roland, maybe next time will be a... probably another korg!

#226362 - 02/06/08 04:41 PM Re: Why I decided to sell the E-60
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Maybe, for those that think that cost and time ARE a factor (must be nice to care about neither ), you might try looking at what, over the years, just TRYING new arrangers has cost you.

What did you pay for it, what did you sell it for...?

OK, probably not the biggest factor, but multiply that by EVERY arranger you've done that with in, say, the last three years.

Now here's the big one... How long did you have it for, and what is your time worth to you (by the hour)..?

If you are anything like me, then that is hundreds of hours spent making a Songbook, tweaking styles, importing and tweaking styles, tweaking registrations, and OTS's, re-voicing SMF's, perhaps recording MP3's...

Now THAT, if you value your time as highly as I do mine) really adds up to some SEROUS jack...

Food for thought...

BTW, I am not going to crow over Fran's decision... It was fairly obvious from the start where this was going. But perhaps, after he persuades our butterfly Donny to try a G70 again, he can buy that one off of him, and have himself a REAL backup to the G70

I just wish I could persuade myself that having TWO G70's is worth the money... Unfortunately, I think I'm better off saving my hard-earned jack, just in case the Chord Sequencer makes a return on the NEXT G-series... (Dear God, make it so!)

#226363 - 02/06/08 05:17 PM Re: Why I decided to sell the E-60
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Diki, you may be looking at my buying habits in the wrong light...I enjoy new toys..Some folks like to golf, watch TV, go bowling, vacation in Bermuda, etc...I do not care for these things...I like playing with toys...I don't spend hours on hours tweaking anything..and most of the instruments I buy are pretty much compatible with each other...
When I find something I really like , I will spend more time with edits..

As for losing money buying and selling...doesn't happen in my world...I can't even recall the last time I took a loss..resale of a toy..

#226364 - 02/06/08 06:17 PM Re: Why I decided to sell the E-60
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by cassp:

As for the abundance of keyboards, I was just sitting here wondering the same thing and came to the conclusion the all of us here suffer from an abundance of time and money.

Not me...I'm so poor, the mice left.

#226365 - 02/06/08 06:18 PM Re: Why I decided to sell the E-60
keysvocalssax Offline

Loc: Miami FL nov-may/Lakeville CT ...
i have a new theory:
some guys change keyboards all the time
so they have something else to shmooze about
on SZ.
from the amount of posts these guys have
every day
it seems that it is a central focus
of their lives
not that there is
anything
wrong with that.

------------------
Miami Mo

#226366 - 02/06/08 06:22 PM Re: Why I decided to sell the E-60
Dnj Offline

hey Mo we're Pro musicians......

"Money For Nothing..& The Chicks For Free"

and plenty of time in-between to fool around on SZ

#226367 - 02/06/08 06:26 PM Re: Why I decided to sell the E-60
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by keysvocalssax:
i have a new theory:
some guys change keyboards all the time
so they have something else to shmooze about
on SZ.
not that there is
anything
wrong with that.

OR...Some guys change keyboards all the time because they have nothing else to schmooze about on SZ.

Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Ian

#226368 - 02/06/08 07:21 PM Re: Why I decided to sell the E-60
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
OR...Some guys change keyboards all the time because they have nothing else to schmooze about on SZ.

Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Ian

No, and no again. People on this board are alot like golfers, bowlers, softballers, etc. Gotta have the latest club, ball, bat, etc. Don't mind paying the big bucks for the latest and greatest. Will argue with others over brand loyalty. Will sell to their friends for a profit so they can buy the next item on the list.

The fact that many of us make money at this game may be a little different than the other hobbyists, the concept is the same. I would venture a guess that most readers here would prefer to play music than golf, bowl or play softball.

#226369 - 02/06/08 08:40 PM Re: Why I decided to sell the E-60
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
On the other hand, on most golf forums you'll occasionally hear about golf TECHNIQUE, different courses, the best shot they ever made...

Sometimes I think that SZ is a covert industry advertisement site, and Donny is being paid to stir up dissatisfaction

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online