SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6
Topic Options
#226314 - 02/10/08 03:03 AM Re: My take on the PA800
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
One thing that never ceases to amaze me with the PA2X Pro is the way a style varies when you play, for example, a seventh chord (or an equivalent, like a ninth, 13th, etc): it's like you were triggering a fill of some kind, because the style becomes more animated and the drummer plays different percussions, adding even a cymbal here and there, just like a real drummer who is anticipating what is about to come. This kind of variety makes less important the need to trigger a real fill with the dedicated buttons, not to mention the possibility to add even more variety with one of the multipads (especially if you take your time to program a sampled groove).

#226315 - 02/10/08 08:06 AM Re: My take on the PA800
zuki Offline

AJ,

Thanks for your comments. It's nice to know you have an inside track to talk to the programmers. Maybe next time, tell them to make that improvement for us

That said, the unnatural fill is only a few styles - so it's not an issue with me. Like Dreamer said, you don't need to keep seeking fills, fills, fills (boring and repetitive).

Per your comment on the other boards and their smoothness: I didn't find that the case on my VA/E series and even the 900 (I play live with). They all have their hiccups on certain styles. I've not played a Ketron (ever) or the new G70/E80 to determine if they're flawless.

For me, the harmonizer and power of the 800 pushes it over the edge for excitement. I believe the audience will really enjoy what comes out of that board.....it just might take me several months before I unveil it

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#226316 - 02/10/08 01:37 PM Re: My take on the PA800
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Thank you AJ,
interesting to read your comments.
-------------------------------------------
I must admit I hardly ever find the need to hit the fill buttons either , except for maybe on my converted styles.
-------------------------------------------
Dreamer, how are you you going with your sampled grooves?? have you tried any of the BIAB real drums to see if they'll work?
Are you mainly using the grooves for the pads??

Currently I've limited myself to a few Jazz brush swishes. Can't remember if they're BIAB real drums or from another source. The PA800 of course doesn't have the amount of sample ram that you can achieve on your PA2x , & I don't want to keep loading & unloading grooves.

best wishes
Rikki

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreamer:
This kind of variety makes less important the need to trigger a real fill with the dedicated buttons, not to mention the possibility to add even more variety with one of the multipads (especially if you take your time to program a sampled groove).[/B]

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#226317 - 02/11/08 02:35 AM Re: My take on the PA800
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Rikki,
the sampled grooves are one of the features that excite me the most about the PA2X Pro (the second one is the option to load your own samples and the third one is the master keyboard ability, that has enabled me for the first time to use my Yamaha Motif ES rack and my Fantom XR as a part of my Registrations or Performances).
So far I have tried to load only a few samples loops, chosen among the most useful and universal ones; they really make a difference. I have never tried to replace with sampled loops all the drum parts of a style, though.
I have never tried the BIAB Real Drums, but this is not a problem since I have a ton of loops CDs.

#226318 - 02/11/08 01:58 PM Re: My take on the PA800
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Dreamer,
as a master keyboard it really has worked out better than I'd imagined. I've had it midied to the sd1 & the sd2 module just to try it out.
Down the track I may get back to involvement with softsyths just for the melody parts. Maybe less strain on my laptop if it's only being used as a soundmodule not as a complete software arranger.
If you have a heap of audio loop cd's, you're probably better off with those anyway. The BIAB real drum loops require a fair bit of editing before they can be used.
Can be a real time waster. haahaa

It's great to hear your PA2X is working out well.

best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Dreamer:
[B]Rikki,

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#226319 - 02/11/08 04:53 PM Re: My take on the PA800
mikey_maestro Offline

Loc: San Tan Valley, AZ
Zuki,

Do you have a website?