SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#225863 - 02/02/08 07:00 AM Re: Who's had their main arranger the LONGEST...?
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by mikeathome1:
A new what? same s900 or something different?

To be announced! I'm going out of town until Tuesday.
DonM

#225864 - 02/02/08 08:46 AM Re: Who's had their main arranger the LONGEST...?
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Donny,

I'm seriously looking at selling my Tyros2 and getting the Pa2xpro. What was it about the PA800 that you didn't like? Was it the O/S?

Also, your hinting that something better is coming out next year. Do you have inside information? Can you at least tell us the brand? The only new arrangers that are due are the T3, Audya, a new Roland. So I have a 33% chance of guessing correctly. Unless, there's something way out of left field.

Al

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
I also cannot contribute to this subject to answer the Topic .....& that is simply because they haven't made something that has enough of the features "I need" to keep a KB that long. Many have come close but lose because after a purchase & when you start digging your teeth into it in real time applications on stage you realize it ain't gonna happen for ya versus just a short store demo... .....and so what? If you have the funds to switch, & it makes you happy so be it. Where is it written you can't switch as much as you want? What makes one person happy doesn't necessarily make another the same way. The Korg PA800 did come Very close for me in many ways....& I came away realizing we're on the verge of greatness in the arranger KB field in the very near future....just wait and see Maybe then I can reach total happiness & possibly keep one for a long long while.
I'm hoping for that sometime next year .

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 02-02-2008).]

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#225865 - 02/02/08 09:00 AM Re: Who's had their main arranger the LONGEST...?
Dnj Offline

Al ....I though I explained my pa800 thoughts in this post....
http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum37/HTML/016911.html

Korgs OS is a bit different.....
and once you learn it & that's not to difficult it is fine....like any of the others Ketron, Roland etc, etc, .....I would suggest the KORG (3) DVD instructional set "Arranger Secrets" with a fourth coming soon.
http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=26292&sid=f1ff68735feb 05bc04b88c8ab55f8908

This will help you get started fast for sure. My personal arranger KB needs are unique & individually suited for me ....you cannot generalize them.....everyone has their "Comfort Zone"

As for the future...sorry No Comment at this time

#225866 - 02/02/08 09:56 AM Re: Who's had their main arranger the LONGEST...?
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Donny,

Who's Mike?

Al

P.S. Thanks for the reply. As for the future, there is always private email ;-)

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#225867 - 02/02/08 10:21 AM Re: Who's had their main arranger the LONGEST...?
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
this is really an interesting thread. A good place to learn more about you people.
I still have 11 keyboards in my studio after selling all 5 of the Technics. Sadly these are like 5000.00 keyboards that are currently worth 10.00, so I just keep them. Some of them go back to the early 70's.
I am currently playing the Roland E 80 since may and the Tyros 2 since the dan it came out and Dan got the first one to me, whenever that was.
the PSR 9000 with max Ram, hard drive and Scsi Cd is still in here and I have offered that to Larry Hawk to replace his junk yamaha in another post. The PSR is such a tank that he could keep it for many years without problems, I belive.
thanks to all for your update info. It is good to know what is what and where. I am wondering what to get next. I haven't had a korg for a long time and only one in here so maybe the PA2xPro might be next. I will just sit here and copy the mail and make a decide one of these days.
Best to all,
OLD BEBOP, another damn birthday next month.
Jann if you read this think KORG
bb

#225868 - 02/02/08 10:34 AM Re: Who's had their main arranger the LONGEST...?
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by kbrkr:
Donny,
Who's Mike?

Al

First the memory goes.......

#225869 - 02/02/08 10:36 AM Re: Who's had their main arranger the LONGEST...?
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by BEBOP:
. I am wondering what to get next. I haven't had a korg for a long time and only one in here so maybe the PA2xPro might be next. I will just sit here and copy the mail and make a decide one of these days.
Best to all,
OLD BEBOP, another damn birthday next month.
Jann if you read this think KORG
bb

Bebop congrats on your decision to get the KORG PA2xpro.....please share your thoughts on it when it arrives....
& Happy Birthday!!

#225870 - 02/04/08 06:25 AM Re: Who's had their main arranger the LONGEST...?
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Still using my MS-60's. I got the first one in 1993 and the 2nd one in 1995.

(Sad, isn't it?)

R.

#225871 - 02/04/08 08:45 AM Re: Who's had their main arranger the LONGEST...?
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Tony .....please tell us why you kept it so long....what is it that makes you love it?.....as an ex KN6000 owner...
(that's another story)...I would be interested in hearing about it.
Thanx

Donny ... maybe I just don't like change ... Played with the same band for 26 years ... Worked for the same company for 40 years ... married to the same woman for 45 years in November, ... lived in the same house for 24 years ... etc ...

OR ... maybe it's the ease of the kn6's operating system ... it's 16 track sequencer, it's ease of making changes 'on the fly', the sounds that are still good to my ears, and apparently those of my audiences, etc., etc., etc. ... and most of all, I guess it's the fact that, while other boards MAY have sounds (more realistic guitars with fret and 'slide' noises) and features (harmonizers, vocal recording capability), etc. that are really nice, I haven't heard anything 'blow me away' enough to make me learn a new operating system ...
Just ME, I guess ...
t.

#225872 - 02/04/08 01:48 PM Re: Who's had their main arranger the LONGEST...?
ykc Offline

Loc: Denver, CO USA
I have been happily using a Technics KN 2000 for more than 12 years. In fact, when my very expensive original one died, I found a mint cond one on ebay - for $300 - and saved shipping by picking it up myself. I use it as a main board with a band, playing left hand bass and right hand electric piano, organ and various layers. I use the arranger functions for solo gigs, or for dinner music during an otherwise full band gig. I thin out the styles I use, cutting back this or that accompaniment part or muting it altogether, and everything sounds tatseful and suprisingly hip. It has been a true warhorse for me! I have a KN 3000 as well, which has a slightly different part assignment scheme than the 2000, some different sounds and a very useable ON Bass mode. I should use that board more often.

While we are on the topic, I had a floppy disk filled with styles and set ups for the 2000. I had not used that floppy in some time and when I went to do so the other day on a gig, the screen readout told me that "the data on the disk was created for another product" or something to that effect. I have used that very disk before with no problems. can anyone suggest what the problem might be?

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online