Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#2258 - 12/03/05 02:52 PM JV1080 Problem
tobymusic Offline

Loc: Burbank CA
Hi friends...
JV1080 3 expansions on there.
My unit have some kind of interruption power problem, it happend every 15-20 minutes more or less, and is very unconfortable when i'm tracking, because i loose all my settings, is like i turn off and on the JV .
anybody know what is caused this problem ??

Is any kind of battery inside the JV do i have to change ?

Thanks friends

#2259 - 12/03/05 06:24 PM Re: JV1080 Problem
3351 Offline

Loc: Toronto, Canada.
Whatever is causing this problem can only be repaired by an experienced technitian.
Several things may be causing power interruption to occurr but it is impossible to tell the exact reason let alone offer any real help by just posting in forums.
If you have any technitians in your area I suggest you take your 1080 to them. Any music store should have a repair shop of it's own.

Good luck.

-ED-

#2260 - 12/03/05 06:29 PM Re: JV1080 Problem
tobymusic Offline

Thanks ED you right i though that was a midi controller problem or any kind of low battery inside the Module...

Best for you.

#2261 - 12/03/05 07:27 PM Re: JV1080 Problem
3351 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by tobymusic:
Thanks ED you right i though that was a midi controller problem or any kind of low battery inside the Module...

Best for you.

Okay.
well if it's an internal battery it's easily fixed. easy to test too. There is an appendix at the end of the manual somewhere that describes how to enter test mode on your 1080. There you will be able to test the battery and see if it's on it's way out or not.

Now another alternative is that when you are editing your patches or performances your sequencer application (or your MIDI controller) ends up sending a program change message. Now, because it is sending the same program number that you have your 1080 set to (be it a performance or patch) it doesn't change to another program number but it does overwrite the edit buffer. Meaning it defaults everything to the settings stored in the memory. ALl of the changes you made end up being lost. If you want to keep them save your work. Store the patch or performance that you've just edited.

you can test this by simply going to 1080's system menu and disabling MIDi program change messages from going in. If you disable program changes and 1080 still resets it's edit buffer than there is a power or battery issue which only a technitian can help you with.

good luck.

-ED-

#2262 - 12/04/05 01:58 PM Re: JV1080 Problem
tobymusic Offline

ED... Yes i dissable MIDi program change messages.
Everything appears good, the JV don't interrupt the power...
whats going on ??
What kind off Midi message can break off the power in the JV ??

Im controlling a Motif ES rack and the JV with M-Audio Pro88 thru 2408 MK2..

This problem happend since i bought the M audio, before that, im controlling with Kurzweill and all works perfect.
You thing is a MIDI problem ?? Maybe M-AUDIO transmit some message to the JV ?

Thanks !!

#2263 - 12/04/05 02:32 PM Re: JV1080 Problem
3351 Offline

Hi!
Lets not call it a power interruption then. Looks it one of your MIDI synths or controllers keeps sending a PROGRAM CHANGE message to your 1080 thus reseting the edit buffer. You will have to find out which MIDI synth or a KB is causing this to happen.

You will have to do a little test. For this you will need to enable program changes on your 1080 again.

1. Power down all the MIDI connected devices except your 1080.

2. If the 1080 is connected to your MIDI interface turn the MIDi interface on. If the problem occurrs it is strictly between a 1080 and MIDI interface.

2. If everything is cool and 1080 doesn't reset it's edit buffer turn on your master controller KB. If the problem occurrs then it's your controller that keeps sending the program change message.

3. If everything is still okay and your 1080's edit buffer is not reaset start turning on your other mIDi devices.

Let me know how it goes. Once we've figured out what's causing it will take care of it.

Actually just one note to add. Most synths (be it a module or a KB) send out a program change message when you turn them on. So whenever you power up another synth to test things out make sure to do a quick change of some parameter on the 1080 and wait for a little bit.

There are two potential scenarios that I can think of. Will get to it later though.

-ED-

#2264 - 12/04/05 02:43 PM Re: JV1080 Problem
3351 Offline

PS
Since this problem started after you've added M-Audio to your setup it may well be what's causing it.

Two potential scenarios:

A. M-Audio keeps re-sending MIDI PC messages. I haven't heard of any controllers do that kind of stuff automatically but since I've never ever used M-Audio equipment I can't say for sure. Most KBs just send out active Sensing messages but that alone shouldn't cause your 1080 to reset it's program/performance. If anything Active Sensing message is made so certain MIDI modules don't reset themselves.

B. M-audio is having power interruptions of it's own and therefore keeps sending PC and other MIDI messages on each powerup cycle.

-ED-

[This message has been edited by 3351 (edited 12-05-2005).]

#2265 - 12/05/05 08:44 PM Re: JV1080 Problem
tobymusic Offline

Ed.. im getting crazy...
I do everything you told me to confirm this is a MIDI problem, last step I DISCONNECT THE MIDI CABLE INPUT IN THE JV 3 hours ago and all looks great.
No more interruptions...
But i can't work without MIDI.
I thing is something with MTP or 2408 but i dont understud wy this happend just with the JV...
since i have all my stuff connected in the motus.

Thanks
Best.

#2266 - 12/06/05 06:50 AM Re: JV1080 Problem
3351 Offline

Hi!
I'm not sure what's going on. I need a few answers from you before we go any further.

1. When only the 1080 and your MIDI interface are turned on (with jv1080 connected to the MIDi interface via MIDI) does the problem still occurr? Everything else that is connected to your MIDI interface must be turned off.

You don't have to wait for three hours, more like 5 minutes or may be less.
Unless of coarse you have lots of time on your hands. LOL

Okay, let me know.

-ED-

#2267 - 12/06/05 12:18 PM Re: JV1080 Problem
tobymusic Offline

Hi Ed...
ok.
I do another test, i disconnect all the midi and i leave the Prog change control off in JV ... and the interruption still hapen....

So is internal... any idea ??
thanks/peace

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online