SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#225405 - 01/27/08 06:25 PM Anybody hear about FedEx insurance restrictions
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
I attempted to send out my 3k and ran into a FedEx employee who tried to tell me there were restrictions on declared value and insured value. I was shipping at a delcared value of $850, she said FedEx would only cover up to $100 - unless I had an account or sent it by Express Air or something else. Needless to say, I walked out without shipping it.

Fed Ex is usually $5+ cheaper than UPS for me, but if this is some new restriction, FedEx just lost my business. Since I'm only 10 minutes from the staffed station, I'll try again Monday; if I get the usual staff lady, no problem. If I get the robo-employee, I'm outta there.

#225406 - 01/27/08 07:10 PM Re: Anybody hear about FedEx insurance restrictions
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Quote:
Originally posted by cassp:

Fed Ex is usually $5+ cheaper than UPS for me, but if this is some new restriction, FedEx just lost my business. Since I'm only 10 minutes from the staffed station, I'll try again Monday; if I get the usual staff lady, no problem. If I get the robo-employee, I'm outta there.

Save yourself a trip (and GAS) and ship it UPS Cass. They're probably going to tell you the same thing at FedEx again anyway and that vehicle of yours is no Prius you know. Or is it??

>> We report, you decide..

Best,
Mike

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online