SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#225240 - 01/27/08 12:22 PM HELP WITH MY PSR3000
bucho2004 Offline

Loc: london
hi, my psr3000 has not worked for like 5 months now, as iam 99.9% certain that the socket were you put adaptor in is broken does anyone know how to fix it? whether i need to get a new socket bit?(if i do from were coz i have no idea?) or if there is someone in london who can fix it for me?
i posted this forum as my last resort as its been killing looking at it and not being able to play for such a long time?
and i dont know what to do?how to do it? or were to go?
PLEASE HELP SOMEONE! ANYONE!

#225241 - 01/27/08 01:01 PM Re: HELP WITH MY PSR3000
Dnj Offline

#225242 - 01/27/08 01:23 PM Re: HELP WITH MY PSR3000
saxxman Offline

Loc: Niceville, FL USA
Hey Bucho - send an email to Gary (Travlin'Easy). He is a PSR 3000 guru and I seem to recall he has had the same problem and fixed it (think it's a wire or cold solder joint inside the power connector).

I seem to remember seeing a post from several people who have had that issue and (if I am remembering right) it was a pretty simple fix. I searched the posts on here and couldn't locate the thread. But if you contact Gary I bet he will be able to shed some light on the issue.

Good luck!
Randy

PA4X, SX900 (Baby Genos), Roland U-20, L1 Compact, Way 2 Many Saxes

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

#225243 - 01/27/08 01:36 PM Re: HELP WITH MY PSR3000
saxxman Offline

Loc: Niceville, FL USA

PA4X, SX900 (Baby Genos), Roland U-20, L1 Compact, Way 2 Many Saxes

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

#225244 - 01/27/08 01:39 PM Re: HELP WITH MY PSR3000
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown

#225245 - 01/27/08 05:41 PM Re: HELP WITH MY PSR3000
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
If you're handy with a soldering iron, and have some electro-mechanincal experience, there's a good change the small board that holds the power supply jack has either a cold solder joint, or the board has a hairline crack that runs through the power supply connector. The toughest part about fixing the board, if this is indeed the problem, is opening the keyboard. There are approximately 20 screws holding the keyboard together, some of which are seated deep inside their openings. All are hexhead screws.

Once the screws are removed, the next step is to remove the Smart Media Card reader board, which is held in place by a few screws. Once the board is unscrewed from the keyboard's body, the keyboard can be opened from front to back like a book. The power supply board is situtated in the back of the keyboard and held in place by a couple screws.

Carefully examine the power supply plug's printed circuit board with a magnifying glass, and look for obvious cracks that run through the board's copper circuit tracks. Check each solder connection using the magnifying glass as well. Some of the boards had connections that were never soldered. It only takes a light touch with rosen-core solder and a PC board soldering iron to correct the problem.

Good Luck,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online