SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#224810 - 01/27/08 03:09 PM Re: OT - Any PayPal Experience w/Refunds?
zuki Offline

Randy,

The same happened to me. PayPal sided with me. There were no funds in his account and they basically suspended his account and sent me away broke - said "sorry". Very frustrating.

However.......in your favor, it was an eBay transaction, so they should issue you the PayPal guarantee if they can't get it from him.

zuki

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#224811 - 01/27/08 03:25 PM Re: OT - Any PayPal Experience w/Refunds?
saxxman Offline

Loc: Niceville, FL USA
Zuki - I hope you didn't get stung for too much. Every day is a new learning experience. He and I were both "verified" and I bought over E-bay, so the guy I talked with suggested I would get the money even if PayPal had to pay me. I'm hoping that was accurate.

I was excited about getting a 16 track recorder. I just put it on hold for a while til this mess if over.

Thanks to all for your help!

Randy

PA4X, SX900 (Baby Genos), Roland U-20, L1 Compact, Way 2 Many Saxes

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

#224812 - 01/27/08 04:03 PM Re: OT - Any PayPal Experience w/Refunds?
zuki Offline

I have authorities working on my resolve and it will eventually settle. I will never stop pursuing the jerk that ripped me off (and believe me, he is a jerk).

Are you sure this guy even sent the board to begin with and then received a refund from UPS? Can he provide you with a copy of the UPS reimbursement? It's rare that a product gets lost.

zuki

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#224813 - 01/27/08 05:16 PM Re: OT - Any PayPal Experience w/Refunds?
saxxman Offline

Zuki - yes, the package entered the UPS system. It seemed a little fishy to me from the outset. It went to the UPS processing facility, was scanned in at 12:29 AM. That's the 1st and last time the package moved. I had a tracking number and the package just never changed status from "processed into UPS facility".

I agree that a 24 pound box would be hard to lose. I exchanged emails w/UPS customer service and of course, they told me they only dealt w/the shipper. So the seller told me he was reimbursed (received the check from UPS) on 18 Jan. So now I have to deal w/PayPal to try to find out where the money is at. Haven't heard from the seller but since he changed his Ebay feedback to "private" I am assuming he is expecting negative feedback.

Yuck. It's a shame folks can't just be straight up on these transactions. But that's the world we live in. I hope your case gets resolved soon too.

Randy

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

#224814 - 01/28/08 04:32 AM Re: OT - Any PayPal Experience w/Refunds?
mikeathome1 Offline

Loc: Syracuse NY
Sounds like a good result it usually takes 4 or 5 days for a paypal deposit to clear into my Bank acct.

#224815 - 01/30/08 04:04 PM Re: OT - Any PayPal Experience w/Refunds?
saxxman Offline

Hey Everybody! Got my DOUGH! I received my refund via PayPal today! The only thing I can't discern is whether the refund came direct or if PayPal had to pay me out of the insurance fund. Once I determine that, I will leave the right kind of feedback.

Thanks much to you all for the support and advice!

Randy

#224816 - 01/30/08 04:17 PM Re: OT - Any PayPal Experience w/Refunds?
zuki Offline

Great news

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online