This is my first synth........I think it's AWESOME! It has a techno expansion board, orchestral expansion board, session expansion board, patches from the JV-1080 and JV-2080 synth modules.

PROS: I just got it so I haven't reviewed everything, I'm trying to learn what some things are. Like the performance, is it the same as a patch? I'll list the features and what I think of them so far. I've only had the synth a couple of days, i'll try to post more info when I find out more about it. SPLIT: You can split the synth. For example, let's say you want a fat bass line with a funky beat...you could put that on the left half of the synth. Then you could put a synth on the right side.
CONTROLLERS:It has four controllers, cutoff, resonance, attack, and decay. These give the synth more expressiveness. I tried it with some Cars songs...these controllers are great!
MEMORY CARD SLOT: You can store extra patches here. ROOM FOR 2
ADDITIONAL EXPANSION BOARD SLOTS: You can add 2 expansion boards from Roland's JV/XP Collection: Pop, Vintage Synth, Bass and Drums, Vocal,World, Asia, Keyboards of the 60s and 70s, Hip Hop, Piano, and Dance. (I think that's all of them) ARPREGIATOR: It has a built in arpregiator. It has least 10 to choose from. I don't think you can make up your own though. You can use the arpregiator on the left side and play single notes or chords on the right side.
EDIT: Contains lots of features to tailor the sound just the way you want it. You can tweak the parameters all day! Well, I'll try to post more later.
CONS:
MANUAL: The manual is rather confusing, but I'm sure it is easy for people who already own a syth. I've only glanced at the manual, I like to figure it out myself....then when all else fails I go the manual. SCREEN: The screen is small. It's about a half an inch by six inches. To edit and fix patches it involves a lot of scrolling, but that's no big deal. I think part of the reason they made it so small was to keep it at an affortable price.