SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#22414 - 04/14/99 08:04 PM Your Opinion On Roland XP-30 V.S. Roland JX-305
apollo269 Offline

Loc: El Paso,TX,USA
I have been saving my money for a long long time. I want to purchase a Roland synth, but am still debating on whether or not to purchase the new XP-30 or the JX-305. I have gotten price quotes and they cost about the same. Can anyone give me some advice or opinion on these two pieces of gear? Anyone own the JX-305? If so, what are the cons and pros?Any help would be very much appreciated.

I want a keyboard that has the split capability and the appregiator. The kind of
music I want to play on it would be like:
Blondie, The Cars, The Cure, Garbage, Republica, Depeche Mode, Duran Duran,INXS, POE, etc.

JX-305: How many tones does it have? Are the strings good?Can you split? How many appregiator types are there? Can you create your own? Can you expand the JX-305 like the XP series?

XP-30: How many tones does it have? Everywhere I look I can only find how many
preset patches (>1000), not how many tones. Can you create your own appregiator patterns?

Thanks for your help!!

#22415 - 04/22/99 10:59 AM Re: Your Opinion On Roland XP-30 V.S. Roland JX-305
GregC Offline

At my JV/XP page, http://www.louisville.edu/~gtcraw01/rolandjvxppage.htm you can find links to reviews of the XP30. My advice is to save some more and get an XP60 or XP80. The user interface is far better, especially for a beginner. The 60/80 is more versatile and holds more expansion boards(which you WILL want). Plus, I'm uncertain if the XP30 is as programmable as the other JV/XPs.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online