Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#224025 - 01/10/08 04:23 PM Re: Guys, some advice re the BOSE PAS
mikeathome1 Offline

Loc: Syracuse NY
Quote:
Originally posted by mikeathome1:
Go for the trial, give it a workout, I was amazed the first time I set it up and three years later it still continues to amaze me.
One sub has always been enough, sometimes almost too much, it's that good. You can always add a second if you think you need to.

I think it was UD that had two subs and ended up getting rid of one because he never found a situation that needed more than one.
I don't mean to speak for anyone but I thought read that a few years ago.

But again try it out yourself.

And if stereo is important to you .....you've read the posts.
Please keep us informed about your decisions.

#224026 - 01/10/08 04:52 PM Re: Guys, some advice re the BOSE PAS
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Mike,

I saw UD playing at an Italian restaurant when he first purchased the L1, and at the time he was only using a single sub--not two. It sounded great. So good, in fact, that when I left for home that night I was thorougly convinced this was the system for me.

I've played several restaurant jobs with the L1, both large and small, and never at any time had a problem with volume, or had a complaint that the music was too loud. That was one of the things that attracted me to the system when I heard UD playing in the restaurant that night. You could hear the music just fine throughout the restaurant, but you could also hold conversation with anyone at the table with you at normal tones. No one had to shout in order to be heard.

As I've often said, there is no single system, instrument or anything else in this business that fits everyone's needs. If such a system exists I will buy it--regardless of the cost. The beauty of the Bose systems is that you can field test them for 45 days, even under the worst possible venue conditions. Then, if you or your audiences don't like what is coming from the system, send it back to Bose for a full refund--no questions asked. At that point the search continues for the system YOU like. And, like Eddie and DonM, I hope no one else in my area buys Bose.

Good luck in your search, and I sincerely hope you find what you're looking for.

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#224027 - 01/10/08 08:45 PM Re: Guys, some advice re the BOSE PAS
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
I really don't mind anyone buying and using a Bose L1, model 1 or 2, as long as they don't live in Florida.
Eddie

#224028 - 01/11/08 02:52 AM Re: Guys, some advice re the BOSE PAS
mikeathome1 Offline

Loc: Syracuse NY
Gary,I could be wrong I thought I read it years ago

#224029 - 01/11/08 03:10 AM Re: Guys, some advice re the BOSE PAS
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Sorry Eddie,I have been happily using mine for some time, but I am over on the Gulf side.
Bernie

#224030 - 01/11/08 07:13 AM Re: Guys, some advice re the BOSE PAS
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
OK Bernie..you are excused.

Fact is, since I got mine, several other players have started using them here. Its not quite the norm yet, but I am surprised at how often I am seeing the Bose on other stages.
Eddie

#224031 - 01/11/08 06:41 PM Re: Guys, some advice re the BOSE PAS
hellboy44 Offline

Loc: Australia
Quote:
Originally posted by mikeathome1:
And if stereo is important to you .....you've read the posts.
[/B]

Well yeah, that's probably the thing I'm most worried about:

Do I get two systems for stereo? (cost is almost prohibitive) and will that solve the problem anyway??????

The more I read about the "Mono/Stereo problem" the more confused I get - believe it or not.

It seems simple on the surface:

This is a mono system and I'll have to use my Korg and various patches/sounds/files to determine whether I can successfully sum my stereo sounds to mono.

BUT I have read (perhaps ill-informed posts on various forums) saying you can use 2 systems, or there are other ways around the problem.

One thing's for sure.

I'm NOT willing to go through EVERY single sequence and style I have panning and tweaking and adapting for mono

- that will just be too HUGE a job.

BUT...

www.chi-chi.com.au

#224032 - 01/11/08 07:11 PM Re: Guys, some advice re the BOSE PAS
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Don't need to do all that. You have mail.
DonM

#224033 - 01/11/08 11:07 PM Re: Guys, some advice re the BOSE PAS
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Trust your OWN ears, Greg...take one out and try it on a few gigs...I didn't like the sound of it in mono, as did a few others, but you may like it.

We're not trying to discourage you from buying, nor are we saying the people that endorse it are wrong...maybe it will work for you...but be WISE, and TRY before you BUY...use the return policy to YOUR advantage.

Ian

#224034 - 01/12/08 12:37 AM Re: Guys, some advice re the BOSE PAS
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Good advice.
DonM

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online