SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#223995 - 01/09/08 08:15 AM Re: Guys, some advice re the BOSE PAS
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I use one tower and one sub. I borrowed a second sub from HankB and I could tell no difference in sound at the level I was playing. I'm certain that at really high levels the second sub would make a difference.
I plugged and unplugged it during the evening and no one could tell any difference in the sound, including me.
As for service, I did have a problem about 13 months after I purchased the Bose. It started making a loud crackling noise. I was able to reboot it and make it stop.
I phoned Bose the next morning, a Wednesday. They had me do a test or two, then overnighted a new L1 unit to me. I had it Thursday morning. I then returned the old unit to them. That was it. Great service. I've had no other problems at all.
DonM

#223996 - 01/09/08 08:26 AM Re: Guys, some advice re the BOSE PAS
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
Try before you buy...it is a big investment...trust your own ears.

Ian

I fell for the Hype...I tried ....
I sold..... I moved on......I'm Happy.

But it could turn out something that you will enjoy for your needs. The sound is very adequate & crisp, coverage is excellent....in certain rooms I found it to be a bit thin for my liking but that could of been due to the acoustics inside or maybe adding a second sub would of helped. .....outside it was excellent & can cover a large area no problem....low stage ceilings was a problem with the height of the tower & I had to keep the unit on the floor next to the stage so that it wouldn't hit the top....the newer design covers a bit better with the alternatively angled tower speakers. Putting all the pieces into the covers was a chore at first but they start to stretch after a while....I would keep the base unit in the cover and just roll back the top after unzipping it for less hassle. You also have to really find what EQ setting you enjoy there are so many different ones.....A PA is a personal choice, when you hear it at full volume on stage only YOU will know if its for you or not.

Good Luck.

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 01-09-2008).]

#223997 - 01/09/08 08:29 AM Re: Guys, some advice re the BOSE PAS
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Don, re the 'phasing issue'... Do you have one or two towers? I think most of the comments came from people trying to use them in stereo.

The rest might come from users used to working in stereo (either from their PA or just listening to the built-in speakers) and were unused to exactly what their wonderful stereo sampled pianos actually sound like when collapsed down to mono (on one PAS). Most of them sound quite different in mono...

Diki .....have you performed thru the Bose PAS system yet....? Could be a great system with your duo act.

btw where did you play for NYE this year?

#223998 - 01/09/08 09:21 AM Re: Guys, some advice re the BOSE PAS
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Donny, I thank you. It was your unbridled enthusiasm for the Bose system when you had it that made me decide to try it!
DonM

#223999 - 01/09/08 09:43 AM Re: Guys, some advice re the BOSE PAS
J. Larry Offline

Loc: University, MS 38677 USA
But what does an electric guitar with backing tracks sound like through the Bose? Most of you are using keyboards---not in my case. Anyone playing guitar with vocals through the Bose?

#224000 - 01/09/08 09:54 AM Re: Guys, some advice re the BOSE PAS
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by DonM:
Donny, I thank you. It was your unbridled enthusiasm for the Bose system when you had it that made me decide to try it!
DonM

Don, yes I remember it well.....it was more of a portability/setup issue with me versus the sound....Dave showed me his NEW Bose with the angles speaker on the tower & the kool mixer....nice design. I'm glad your enjoying the Bose system for YOUR needs.
I'll talk to ya soon!~

#224001 - 01/09/08 11:54 AM Re: Guys, some advice re the BOSE PAS
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
J.Larry,

There is one guy in our area that is using a 12-string guitar, a drum machine and doing vocals. He's booked solid for every weekend during the entire year performing mainly in bars and VFWs. I haven't heard him, but the folks I know that have said he sounds teriffic.

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#224002 - 01/09/08 01:50 PM Re: Guys, some advice re the BOSE PAS
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
I own 4 of the PAS L1 systems and I will not go back.

Actually I have been in contact with Bose and I guess all you guys are to thank but they have heard very good things about me and my ability to offer customers some knowledge and actual real life use and situations.

So long story short I soon may be a Bose PAS dealer.

If your interested I have the L1 systems for sale used

Frank

------------------
www.Audioworksct.com
(888)
374-6076
Korg, Ketron, RCF, Samson, Mackie, Freehand MPP, DB Technologies, Behringer, Audio-Technica

#224003 - 01/09/08 01:52 PM Re: Guys, some advice re the BOSE PAS
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
Also if you like Hellboy, just fly up to my shop, I have a area of about 2500 square feet, I could set-up 1 to 4 of the L1s and you can play to see how the sound travels

The invite is there for anyone

Frank

------------------
www.Audioworksct.com
(888)
374-6076
Korg, Ketron, RCF, Samson, Mackie, Freehand MPP, DB Technologies, Behringer, Audio-Technica

#224004 - 01/09/08 02:23 PM Re: Guys, some advice re the BOSE PAS
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Frank,
AFAIK Hellboy lives in Oz..

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online