SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#223475 - 12/28/07 04:00 PM How many face their speakers towards the wall behind them?
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Wondering how that works in those few places that it's kind of hard to clearly hear what you're playing. Are there any other advantages to it? How does it affect the sound for the audience?

Best
Scott
http://ScottLMusic.com/Lessons

#223476 - 12/28/07 07:51 PM Re: How many face their speakers towards the wall behind them?
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Scott,

When I was using the Barbetta Sona speakers, there were a few venues where this was beneficial, such as a gymnasium where the sound bounced off hard surfaces. Since purchasing the Bose L1 this is no longer a problem, but I do face the sub sideways in the gymnasiums.

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#223477 - 12/29/07 08:42 AM Re: How many face their speakers towards the wall behind them?
Dnj Offline

Scott using reflective acoustics is OK for special room situations I''d say less then 10% of the time, its up to you the musician to make the call & assessment when you read the room during your setup & sound check using YOUR PA system. Combining wall deflection, floor monitor style Ceiling bounce diffusion, Side angle positioning, One up/One down/ etc. Each performance, Each room is different, be ready to change your setup on each one if needed. There is no staple formula....just PLAY The Room with YOUR ears!

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online