SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#222806 - 12/13/07 02:40 PM Re: DAMNED SNOW !!!
Dnj Offline

Hope you have a Inclement weather cancelation clause in your contract, be a shame to lose that money.

#222807 - 12/13/07 03:09 PM Re: DAMNED SNOW !!!
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Tony, I found a link to the photo your talked about:
http://www.projo.com/cgi-bin/include.pl/specials/blizzard/border.htm

#222808 - 12/13/07 04:09 PM Re: DAMNED SNOW !!!
jedi Offline

Loc: Merrimack, N.H.
Wow , that link brings back memories

Hey Don , you don`t know what you are missing !! HaHa

But , I would sure like to know what a whole year of no snow would be like , I hate the snow and cold,

I`ll ask Santa to bring you some !!

Hey Tony , you should have tried driving !!

Happy Holidays & Merry Christmas to ALL

Gary 

Stephem52 , thanks for the link , I think !@! LOL

Hey Ian , when and what is the Tyros 3 coming !!
Just a hint ? ppplease

#222809 - 12/13/07 06:47 PM Re: DAMNED SNOW !!!
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Stephenm52:
Tony, I found a link to the photo your talked about:
http://www.projo.com/cgi-bin/include.pl/specials/blizzard/border.htm

THAT'S THE ONE , Steve ...

thnx for the call today ... I got kind of busy (doing things OTHER than playing gigs ) ... I'll catch up to you ...
t.

#222810 - 12/13/07 06:51 PM Re: DAMNED SNOW !!!
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Hope you have a Inclement weather cancelation clause in your contract, be a shame to lose that money.

Donny ... No I don't ... What is the language of the clause? ... what if the party is going forward, but I can't make it ...
On one job I was subbing for a guy who had a gig with a band for the night - his was also cancelled ... the other, I got a last minute call from a booking agent the day before ...
t.

#222811 - 12/13/07 07:20 PM Re: DAMNED SNOW !!!
mikey_maestro Offline

Loc: San Tan Valley, AZ
I hate freakin Snow, was caught in traffic for a couple hours, got stuck on a hill, and had to cancel a $300 gig.

I Hate Fall River!!!!

------------------
God Bless,
Mikey

www.mikeymaestro.com
www.balloonanimal.com
www.1000colorcards.com

#222812 - 12/13/07 07:45 PM Re: DAMNED SNOW !!!
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
The weather prognosticators are predicting nasty weather here for the weekend in the People's Republic of Maryland. If it snows, it will cost me about $700. At my age, any temperature lower than 75 degrees is the dead of winter.

To top it off, our well just ran dry. A new well was drilled and is 500 feet deep. By the time the new well pump, wiring, pipe, connections and labor are totaled up, the tarif will probably be somewhere between $7,500 and $8,500 bucks. And, the well drilling tailings amounts to nearly a half dump-truck load of granite dust, all of which I'll have to remove by hand. This gettin' old crap ain't what it's cracked up to be. It'll take two months of shoveling to get all that damned granite dust removed from my lawn and sidewalk.

Merry Freakin' Christmas,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#222813 - 12/13/07 09:36 PM Re: DAMNED SNOW !!!
Dnj Offline

Gary....sorry to hear that buddy ....
when It rains it pours.....try to have a
Happy Holiday!! Those famous Green Margaritas sound like a good remedy vs Egg Nog

#222814 - 12/14/07 06:44 AM Re: DAMNED SNOW !!!
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Gary, Travlin' Easy sorry to hear about those major problems.

Jedi/Gary, We use to drive up thru Merrimack then to northern New Hampshire most Friday nights during the winter back in the 90s. We skiied just about every weekend, one night it took 7 hours to get up to Franconia Notch in a roaring blizzard, just so we could ski. They couldn't pay me to do that in 2007.

Mikey, I had the Fall River/Tiverton area many years ago when I worked in sales. Those hills are killers!! Canonicus St and Hilton were 2 of the worst with snowy roads, I feel your pain.

#222815 - 12/17/07 03:00 AM Re: DAMNED SNOW !!!
kalimero Offline

Loc: Dubrovnik, Croatia
Here is a little (long) storry (pure fiction) , I just hope no one would feel offended, it's just a joke.

P.S. All *** are self-censored letters.

Letter from Canada

August 12,
We moved in to our new house in Canada. I am so excited. It’s so beautiful here. The mountains are gorgeous. I am eager to see them covered with snow.

October 14,
Canada, it is the most beautiful country in the world. Leaves turned into all these wonderful shades of yellow and orange. I was driving through the nature, and saw a pair of deer’s. They’re so gracious, most beautiful animals in the world. This must be paradise. I love Canada.

November 11,
Remembrance Day, deer hunting is about to start soon. I can’t imagine how somebody can kill such a nice animal. I hope there will be snow soon. It’s so beautiful.

December 2,
It was snowing tonight for the first time. I woke up and saw everything covered in white. Looks like best postcard ever. We walked outside, cleaned the stairs and the doorway, and played a bit with the snow (I won). When the snow cleaner truck passed by, we had to clean in front of the gate again. What a lovely country, I love Canada.

December 12,
Tonight – snow again. I couldn’t get the car out of garage to go to work. It’s wonderful here, but I am just a little bit tired of paddling. Fuc**** snow cleaner passed by again.

December 22,
This white sh** was falling all night long. I got blisters from paddling, and my back is hurting me. This monkey with snow cleaner act as if he is standing around the corner and just waiting for me to clean the gate. A**hole.

December 25,
Merry fu**ing shi**y Christmas. Snow is still falling. If I ever catch that moron who drives snow cleaner, I’ll kill him right away. Damned, why don’t they drop more salt on the road to make snow melt faster?

December 27,
Weather forecast was bad. Half a meter of snow falls down. If it continues like this, it won’t melt till the summer. The snow cleaner truck stacked in the snow, and that a**hole came to ask for a paddle. Told him I broke six paddles because of him, cleaning this white sh*t from the gate that he stuffed with his truck. And I almost break his head with the paddle.

January 4,
Finally I got out of the house, went to the mall to buy some food and supplies. When I was returning home I hit the deer with a car, 3000 C$ of damage. These fuc**ng beasts should be all killed. They are everywhere, why the hunters haven’t killed them all this spring…

May 3,
I am moving to Florida. I can’t imagine how somebody normal and sane can live in this fuc**ng Canada.

Greetings…

P.S.S. Hope You liked it.

[This message has been edited by kalimero (edited 12-17-2007).]

[This message has been edited by kalimero (edited 12-17-2007).]

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online