SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#222495 - 12/06/07 03:07 PM Christmas Gift is here!!!
miden Offline

Loc: The World
I was going to post this in the "what are you buying for christmas" thread, but it seems to have developed into an organ pros and cons debate, so I will post here...

The PA2xPro is "in da house" and in one word..."STUNNING" . I have been re-acqauinting myself (I am after all a former PA1xpro owner) over the past couple of hours and if this isn't the best arranger/workstation/synth/media player out there then I don't know what is. The new styles are brilliant, and even the ones I remember from the PA1 are somewhow much better too. The Grand Piano RX is to die for IMO, half pedaling capability and even a damper release sound! Superb E.P's, guitars, I could go on and on (but i won't ) It looks even better than the photos. More when I come up for air.
Cheers
Dennis

#222496 - 12/06/07 09:02 PM Re: Christmas Gift is here!!!
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Dennis,
congratulations.
Enjoy your new toy.

best wishes
Rikki
[QUOTE]Originally posted by miden:
[B]

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#222497 - 12/06/07 09:31 PM Re: Christmas Gift is here!!!
Dnj Offline

Dennis,

I feel your excitement & congratulations on the new Pa2x!!! Korg has really put out some exceptional arrangers this time around for sure with the Pa2sx & Pa800....enjoy & keep us posted on your progress.

Happy Holiday!!

#222498 - 12/06/07 09:40 PM Re: Christmas Gift is here!!!
miden Offline

Thnaks guys (and gal)..It has been an exciting afternoon. This keyboard is just simply the best, couple the PA800 and the PA1xPro and you have the PA2xPro, and it looks just, so, well, beautiful. A very subtle colour scheme set off by wood panel ends...(LOL i feel a bit like Homer at the moment....screen goes up, screen goes down, screen goes up, screeen goes down.....)..I will really try to get some demos up and running on my new website that I am in the process of constructing. It seems its the only (well not the only but the quickest) way to get gigs these days.
But back to the PA2x and it's the best keyboard I have owned. Keybed is probably marginally below the g70 and the VA76, but not much, and is a delight to play especially after the sd1 keybed which was very light. As I use the Shure 87A condensor mic the phantom power is a real bonus, no more external pre-amps, Yay!! and the effects sound so good on the vocals I can eliminate the need for external racks as well..Korg have really done their homework on this baby. More later.
Gotta go play some more!!!
Cya
Dennis

#222499 - 12/06/07 10:14 PM Re: Christmas Gift is here!!!
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
That is soooo cool Dennis! Congratulations on your new axe! When you get a chance we would love to hear some demos and also to hear the TC Helicon VH at work if that is possible at some point.

You must live in Europe because I haven't been able to find the Pa2x for sale anywhere here in the U.S. at all. In fact, I heard over at one of the Korg forums that a reliable source has said the Pa2x will not be available in stores here in the U.S. until next summer!! Same goes for the Ketron Audya from what I understand. The Pa2x will be showcased at winter NAMM 2008 in Anaheim, CA. in January but supposedly they won't actually hit the store shelves here until May or June! Hopefully U.S. online retail stores will have the Pa2x in stock before then.

Best,
Mike

PS: You got yourself a very special gift. I hope you continue to enjoy it immensely for years to come.

#222500 - 12/06/07 10:25 PM Re: Christmas Gift is here!!!
miden Offline

Thanks heaps Mike!! Im in Australia, and if memory serves the PA1xpro was also released out here before the US too..Dont know why, only Korg would know that. I have heard the same that its not available in the states until after the unveiling at winter NAMM..I know its a special gift and one thats to stay with me for a long time to come. Some of the styles so far are so good I am going to ditch the MIDI file versions I used to play and go for live playing using the styles.. Man this is exciting!!!
Thanks again for your kind words..
CYA
Dennis

#222501 - 12/06/07 10:28 PM Re: Christmas Gift is here!!!
miden Offline

Sorry Mike, just noticed your question re the harmoniser..I have a lot of midis I have already set up with vocal harmony tracks, so yeah that is a possibility. I have even kept some of my old PA1x settings that I will be able to import..So i will do my best to get some posted "somewhere" in the near futre.

Dennis

#222502 - 12/06/07 10:30 PM Re: Christmas Gift is here!!!
miden Offline

Oh and Mike you'd love the keys, full length and full width, and the black keys have a slightly "roughened" surface so its a lot harder for fingers to slip off them.
D

#222503 - 12/07/07 07:03 AM Re: Christmas Gift is here!!!
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Dennis, Congratulations on the PA2xPro. Keep us posted. Sounds like the PA800 on steriods

#222504 - 12/07/07 07:21 AM Re: Christmas Gift is here!!!
Dnj Offline

Yeah ....Yeah .....YEAH!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online