SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#222447 - 12/05/07 08:51 AM Ketron EX4 middle eastern in the USA
uxt150 Offline

Loc: brooklyn ny usa
After many requests from Ketron users for the upgraded version of the vega keyboard we are happy to announce that we have now added this great instrument to our product lineup.

I also wish to advise all Ketron users that we are getting the new Midjay plus and the Turkish keyboard SX3000 by the end of this week.

Please contact your Ketron dealer for more details.

Ted Kraus - KETRON Sales Manager
CMC Distributors, Inc,
1510 Bath Avenue Brooklyn, NY 11228
Tel (800) 554-5982 (718) 232-6436
Fax (718) 232-6453 email TedCMC@aol.com www.KetronUSA.com

#222448 - 12/05/07 11:28 AM Re: Ketron EX4 middle eastern in the USA
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Oh I would LOVE to contact my Ketron dealer. I think the closest one is a couple thousand miles away though.
Anyway, I'm glad you are still coming out with innovations. Ketron does things nobody else thinks about.
DonM

#222449 - 12/05/07 02:21 PM Re: Ketron EX4 middle eastern in the USA
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Other than distribute them nationally...

I will NEVER buy something I can't play first, and I'm not going to pay a 15% restocking fee for the 'privilege' of trying something out that I MIGHT or might not like...

#222450 - 12/05/07 03:17 PM Re: Ketron EX4 middle eastern in the USA
DonM Offline

I first tried X1 because of Uncle Dave's recommendation. At the time there was a dealer in Dallas. I drove there and came back with one.
It sounded SO good, but I didn't like the positioning of some of the controls. I kept it about a year and sold it.
The SD1 I bought without trying it first. Loved most everything about it, but quite a few things were getting outdated, especially the Operating System, so I sold it after a year or so. Actually a year is a long time for me to keep a keyboard.
Then I got a Midjay and controller. OS was much better, and it had many great features. Still there were both advantages and compromises with a module.
I look forward to the introduction of the Audya, but I will absolutely have to try one at no risk before seriously considering the purchase.
I doubt the Midjay II will be much different from the original, but who knows. Can't see me going back to a module unless it is really something special.
I don't know the answer to the Ketron distribution problem, but I hope there is one, and that they find it.
The reason I want Ketron to be successful is that nothing else I've heard sounds so life-like and "LIVE". Sure, the other brands all are wonderful, and I find a lot to like about Yamaha, Roland and Korg. They are all gaining ground sound-wise too, especially Roland. However the total package for me is:

1. Sound
2. Features I need. These include vocal processing, harmonizer, storage, screen, controls. There will always be compromises in some of these areas, regardless of the brand.
3. Reliability
4. Weight
. . . and Weight probably shouldn't be that far down, because it is a deal-breaker if it's over 30-something.

DonM

#222451 - 12/06/07 06:33 AM Re: Ketron EX4 middle eastern in the USA
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
Don that hurts, I'm a Ketron Dealer

#222452 - 12/06/07 08:43 AM Re: Ketron EX4 middle eastern in the USA
DonM Offline

Frank, I FORGOT that you are a Ketron Dealer.
Still, you are not exactly across the street.
We'll talk when Audya comes out, OR if the Midjay 2 has a proper vocal harmonizer.
Don

#222453 - 12/06/07 01:32 PM Re: Ketron EX4 middle eastern in the USA
uxt150 Offline

Loc: brooklyn ny usa
Don

I hear your complaint loud and clear.

I bought the distributorship off Bell-Douvox with the thought of expanding distribution to enable more end users to play with the instruments before purchasing.

We did add a few key accounts and are still working on new ones but at this time a lot of our effort is spent creating a web site (which will be up and running shortly) so that we can approach new accounts interactively.

Hopefully as we move forward into the new year we will have everything set so that we can move forward with introducing this great brand to new accounts.

We do have a plan of lending out new instruments to end users for a short period for a test run in regions that there are no Ketron dealers, I will let you know as soon as we are ready with this program.

Ted Kraus - KETRON Sales Manager
CMC Distributors, Inc,
1510 Bath Avenue Brooklyn, NY 11228
Tel (800) 554-5982 (718) 232-6436
Fax (718) 232-6453 email TedCMC@aol.com www.KetronUSA.com

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online