SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#222438 - 12/04/07 01:47 AM Download music
STAM Offline

Loc: Brussels, BELGIUM
Hello,

What is the best (more complete) site to download (to buy) music?

Thanks

#222439 - 12/04/07 02:28 AM Re: Download music
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
I was looking for a site to download MP3 backing tracks for my PA800 and have had good luck with this one for $2.99. A lot of them are original tracks.

http://www.karaoke-version.com/en/

I would like to get other opinions also.
Bernie

#222440 - 12/04/07 04:05 AM Re: Download music
mikeathome1 Offline

Loc: Syracuse NY

#222441 - 12/04/07 07:42 AM Re: Download music
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
STAM, what kind of music are you looking to download? MIDI, KAR, MP3, all have their separate sites. All KAR files have lyrics embedded (ch4). Only some MIDI have lyrics, mostly the professionally made ones. MP3 files are simply compressed audio files, usually without lyrics.
If you're looking for KAR files, give me a jingle.

#222442 - 12/04/07 10:39 AM Re: Download music
STAM Offline

Sorry to not have been clear enough.
I am searching for a site to download mp3 files. I just want to buy legal music in all genres but especially blues/jazz.
Thx

#222443 - 12/04/07 12:13 PM Re: Download music
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Check out spiralfrog.com
It's free and legal. I think the songs are limited to the computer on which you download them. Not sure.
DonM

#222444 - 12/05/07 02:58 AM Re: Download music
STAM Offline

Don,
Spiralfrog seems to be available only for people who live in the USA and Canada. I am not.
Do you have an experience with E-music?

#222445 - 12/05/07 04:14 AM Re: Download music
mikeathome1 Offline

Loc: Syracuse NY
I signed up for an Emusic special a couple of months ago. When I listened to a couple of songs they were not the original hits. At least on the older ones. Original artist maybe but not the original recording. Maybe that won't matter to you.
I was waiting for a tasty little guitar solo I knew so well and it wasn't there because it was a remake.
But if they give you the free trial they were real good about canceling by email.

#222446 - 12/05/07 06:30 AM Re: Download music
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Ditto... on the eMusic subscription. You can usually get 25-100 downloads free. With that you can snag a couple obscure but interesting albums and good number of decent singles. I found the eMusic catalog to be a little less extensive than others and basically took my freebies and cancelled. I still get offers to re-up, so more freebies could be enticing.

I've also tried Rhapsody.com - their catalog is more complete and current. They have a download-storage-play system that I didn't care for, but the service is popular and reliable.

Honestly, I'm not much of a downloader; I still like buying the CD. But I think there's something to be said about the big companies. iTunes, Wal-Mart, MSN all have great sites and popular prices. Wal-Mart, I think has the lowest prices on downloads. Here in the States plastic download cards are the popular thing now. Use them like a credit or debit card in a store or online.

I think if you're not interested in the CD hardware or liner notes, downloads are the way to go. Albums can be cheaper and you can even buy individual cuts froom an album a singles prices. Actually, $0.79 - 0.99 USd per song is about what we've been paying for singles for years. And I'm sure yuo can get them at even better prices if you search the net. Music is music; I would be more concerned with the quality of the site interface, security and features - like storage, listening, downloading, saving restrictions, etc.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online