SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#222321 - 12/01/07 06:59 AM Another Hammond Clone due for release
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
This one uses Native Instruments B4 VST and so is also open. Release date 15-12-07. http://www.hamichord.com/
Talk about Organs making a comeback, everybody seems to be launching new ones. (And not just Hammond Clones)

Bill

#222322 - 12/01/07 10:15 AM Re: Another Hammond Clone due for release
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Bill, that could be an interesting organ/controller..for today's organist..

If my math is right ..it comes in around 45 pounds..

One thing without hearing it...it sounds good.[Native Instruments B4]..

#222323 - 12/01/07 10:18 AM Re: Another Hammond Clone due for release
Dnj Offline

Drawbars Yeah!!!!!

#222324 - 12/02/07 08:21 AM Re: Another Hammond Clone due for release
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
I think the Hamichord is going to be an interesting entry into the fray of Hammond clones. A dual manual with a reasonable weight and something that also looks pretty cool and that sounds good gets my vote. We know that B4 II software sounds great but it would be interesting to know which M-Audio sound card they are going to use in it. It's also interesting that they're going with Windows XP as oppossed to Windows Vista. Although with Vista's still mediocre driver support in the area of various audio applications and the other numerous bugs it still is infested with I can certainly understand their choice and reasoning for using Windows XP.

I wondered if they were actually going to sell the Hamichord in the States so I fired off an email to them and here was their reply:

Hi Mike

Surely during 2008, maybe in march or April, you will be able to buy Hamichord in the States, for now I can only tell you that 2 of our instruments will be at Namm together with another Italian Brand.
Bye

Dr Agnoletto Andrea www.hamichord.com

I'm ecstatic that the Hamichord will indeed be sold here in the U.S. Depending on the street price and how it actually sounds in person and whether or not the OS will work seamlessly with all the various features and functions are my most important considerations. But it will definitely be worth a serious looking into by me if all the criteria I listed are met and/or exceeded. I hope it has a USB 2.0 interface too but you would think if it did they would list it as such on their web site.

Best,
Mike

#222325 - 12/02/07 09:34 AM Re: Another Hammond Clone due for release
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
45 lbs...add a good road case, which would have to be quite large, and you got a lotta weight for one person.

Ian

#222326 - 12/02/07 09:39 AM Re: Another Hammond Clone due for release
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hi Mike
Like all the other computer based instruments (Wersi, Lionstracs, TMS etc) it will most likely be a standard desktop computer inside, (Without the case of course) and so will have all the latest features, including USB 2.
If it helps to put your mind at rest, the B4 VST has been used without any problem on Wersi instruments since they were introduced in 2000. (Wersi instruments run on XP)

Bill

#222327 - 12/02/07 10:30 AM Re: Another Hammond Clone due for release
ianmcnll Offline

I still think the Nord C1 is the better deal...far less complicated and lighter, too.

Also, it's got those cool combo organs as well.

Ian

#222328 - 12/02/07 10:34 AM Re: Another Hammond Clone due for release
keybplayer Offline

That's reassuring to know Bill.

As far as the weight is concerned I wish it would've been lighter too Ian. But considering that it is a 'dual' manual with 'physical' drawbars and what looks to be a very solidly constructed outer shell I really think Hamichord did an excellent job keeping it as low as they did weight wise. For instance, the Yamaha Motif ES7 weighed over 42 lbs and has a single keybed. I owned one and although I noticed a little strain upon lifting it I could relatively easily carry it around, and with proper lifting techniques (bend the knees, keep the back straight, keep the object close to your body upon lifting, etc.) that I personally experienced no real problems moving it about with or without its case. And of course if a case has wheels and is ergonomically designed it would make it that much easier and convenient for a person to transport the Hamichord too. So the 3 additional lbs of the Hamichord vs. the Motif ES7 shouldn't really be that big of a deal to me. Considering the Hamichord is the lightest dual manual Hammond clone with physical drawbars out there I would think it should sell relatively well at the 45 lbs they are offering it at. Considering the original B3 weighed a ton (figuratively speaking ) the Hamichord is a welcome relief and a sight for sore eyes. And one for strong steady backs I suppose too which can't hurt.

PS: Maybe down the road the subsequent model to the Hamichord will be even lighter than the original. Probably have to wait a few years for the successor though. Just like we're doing on a 25 lb 88 note fully weighted, fully blown arranger workstation keyboard too eh Ian? Waiting that is. Although if they build it people will come out of the woodwork to buy it that's for sure. Including me. After all technical aspects are considered and evaluated of course..

Best,
Mike

#222329 - 12/02/07 10:41 AM Re: Another Hammond Clone due for release
ianmcnll Offline

I'd be happy if someone...ANYONE, would make a 25 lb digital PIANO with 88 weighted hammer action keys and three killer sounds...Piano...Strings and a B3 with virtual drawbars and a great rotary sim.

It is possible...whether it's probable...time will tell.

Ian

#222330 - 12/02/07 10:45 AM Re: Another Hammond Clone due for release
keybplayer Offline

Although you just want an fully weighted 88 note Digital Piano at that weight and not necessarily an 88 note arranger at that weight but I would really like to see someone come out with an 88 note TOTL arranger at the proverbial 25 lbs too Ian.

Best,
Mike

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online