SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#222030 - 11/25/07 10:19 AM Re: Testet out a lot of boards yesterday..
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Doc,
beware that the Roland G-70 uses the "Intelligent" mode as the default chord recognition mode (intelligent means that it takes just one finger to trigger a chord); so, unless you specifically switched to pianist mode, my guess is that you were playing with the intelligent mode on...

#222031 - 11/25/07 10:20 AM Re: Testet out a lot of boards yesterday..
doc-z Offline

Loc: Norway
Hm.. so what you are saying is that you can store 8 registrations on the yammies?

I was hoping for a way to save something this way:

Piano Bar Venue
Set 1: 30 songs
Set 2: 30 songs
Set 3: 30 songs
Set 4: 30 songs

Or
Piano Bar Venue: 120 songs

And one for each venue:

Wedding Venue: 120 songs
Christmas Party: 120 songs

And so on....

Is this not possible?

Doc-Z

I'll check those carts out! looks interesting.

#222032 - 11/25/07 10:20 AM Re: Testet out a lot of boards yesterday..
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by travlin'easy:
Doc,

I don't know if they are available in Norway, but if possible you should seriously look into a Rock And Rollerk cart for loading and unloading your gear. They are very versitile, hold an enormous amount of equipment, yet the cart folks down to a compact size and very easy to transport.

Hope this helps,

Gary

http://www.rocknrollercart.com/

#222033 - 11/25/07 10:29 AM Re: Testet out a lot of boards yesterday..
doc-z Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreamer:
Doc,
beware that the Roland G-70 uses the "Intelligent" mode as the default chord recognition mode (intelligent means that it takes just one finger to trigger a chord); so, unless you specifically switched to pianist mode, my guess is that you were playing with the intelligent mode on...

I did change the recognition mode. The pianist mode didn't make a huge difference. At least not with my style of playing...

Doc-z

#222034 - 11/25/07 10:49 AM Re: Testet out a lot of boards yesterday..
Dreamer Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by doc-z:
Hm.. so what you are saying is that you can store 8 registrations on the yammies?

Doc,
you can store as many registrations as you wish, provided you have an hard-disk or a USB stick (Regs don't take up much memory).
What Gary was saying is that Yamaha subdivides the registrations themselves in banks of eight; I use this feature to group together all the registrations referring to the same song. So, for example, you can have a registration for the first part of the song, another for the chorus, a third one for the bridge, etc.
It's actually a handy feature, and when I play another keyboard I really miss it.

#222035 - 11/25/07 10:53 AM Re: Testet out a lot of boards yesterday..
doc-z Offline

Äh! so you can have 8 sections in one registration?
So you can change style on the chorus or bridge, bring up another set of lyrics or change the orchestration in each of these 8 parts?

Doc-Z

#222036 - 11/25/07 12:16 PM Re: Testet out a lot of boards yesterday..
Dreamer Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by doc-z:
Äh! so you can have 8 sections in one registration?
So you can change style on the chorus or bridge, bring up another set of lyrics or change the orchestration in each of these 8 parts?
Doc-Z

1- Yes; that's another way to put it.

2- Yes and you can do much more than this, like change the volume or the effects of individual sections of a style, or even have different instruments playing the same style (for example you could have an acoustic guitar playing the guitar track in the first part of the song and an electric guitar playing the same track in the second part).

#222037 - 11/25/07 12:37 PM Re: Testet out a lot of boards yesterday..
Dnj Offline

I tried this method but didn't like it at all....for some reason when changing registrations on a fly as stated its not a seamless transition & could have those split second changes...plus gets a bit confusing if you want to go back & forth or extend a song. Its just wasn't For me vs using one Reg before I sold my Yammys..

#222038 - 11/25/07 12:43 PM Re: Testet out a lot of boards yesterday..
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Once you get into editing registrations, and understand all the features available within registrations, they can sure make life a lot easier--especially for an OMB entertainer.

Cheers,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#222039 - 11/25/07 12:56 PM Re: Testet out a lot of boards yesterday..
jwyvern Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreamer:
1- Yes; that's another way to put it.

2- Yes and you can do much more than this, like change the volume or the effects of individual sections of a style, or even have different instruments playing the same style (for example you could have an acoustic guitar playing the guitar track in the first part of the song and an electric guitar playing the same track in the second part).

You can also change from split KB to full keyboard mode - say for a section with piano layered with strings - & back if you wanted to via registrations.

John

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online