And I've got a lot of questions!!

I tested out a number of boards yesterday:
Tyros 2, S900, S700, E-50, E-60, G-70, E-09, DGX-620 and CASIO WK3700.

I'm searching for a board to use for gigging. Ideally I would like a board, where I can play like a pianist and have the autocomp follow me. So far none, of these boards will follow my style of piano playing. The DGX, E-09, E-50, E-60 and G-70 were a joke in full keyboard mode. I tried every chord recognition mode, and it changed chords like an arabic band on acid. I was able to get the Rolands to work sort of right, but then I had to seriously alter and adapt my playing. The yammies on the other hand did a better job, but none of the boards took synchopations well. And playing a pentatonic lick on all boards while in a chord, made the yammies change from the pentatonic chords (add9, 6, 69) like crazy. Did not sound good. I woun't even comment on the WK... it was horrible to play.

So my question is for korg owners, how does full keyboard mode work there? Does it change every time you play a key? or does it wait until it gets an x number of keys?

The reason I ask is that noen of the stores I've been to have a korg on display.

Also when I hear demos online of the yammies. And when I hear the stuff some of you have posted, they sound real good. But the ones in the store sounded like crap, at least when I played them. The styles didn't sound realistic at all. They all resembled quite accuratly the sound in my DGX-305. Offcourse the megavoice keyboards had a lot of slides, guitar noises and stuff like that. But it didn't sound realistic at all, it sounded like a guitar sample and a technician put in a lot of noises in the mix. It didn't really sound like a guitar does in a real mix. So why is this? Is it me who cannot play properly? Is it the boards have been messed with being on display so the settings are all screwed up? Or is it that the demos online are so fine tuned and produced that they don't really give an accurate representation on how the board sounds?

I really couldn't tell much audible difference from the Tyros 2 and S900. At least not while playing styles.

I found the user interface on the yammies to be pretty cumbersome. The lack of a touch screen makes it a bit less userfriendly than the Rolands. And I expect the learning curve to be a bit steaper.

And what is up with those bogus Music Finder, and Music Assistant entries?

Doc-Z