Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#221852 - 11/21/07 04:44 PM Mighty Wurlitzer for Kontakt sampler
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida

#221853 - 11/21/07 05:21 PM Re: Mighty Wurlitzer for Kontakt sampler
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Well, I owned the real thing Wurlitzer dual manual , 25 pedal....and I have to say... I hated it. A Hammond it was NOT!!!

Last year I tried for several months ..to find a new home for it...free..they just had to pick it up....a few folks said they wanted it, but never showed..

I let my grand kids have it for about a year..than I thought the Wurlitzer may be a turn off and they will never get a chance to play a Roland..

In the end, the organ found a new home...I think..I put it on the curb ..for the trash pickers....They probably sold it on Ebay for a grand..

#221854 - 11/21/07 05:39 PM Re: Mighty Wurlitzer for Kontakt sampler
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
In all fairness, Fran, this is NOT a sample set from a Wurlitzer home organ... This is the 'Mighty' Wurlitzer theater organ, a completely different beast (that firstly, pre-dates the B3, and secondly doesn't even TRY to sound anything like it)...

This is for all the fans of silent movies, and E Power Biggs, and Reginald Dixon.

A throwback to an earlier, simpler time (except, of course, you actually had to be able to PLAY, no arranger functions on these!).

#221855 - 11/21/07 06:56 PM Re: Mighty Wurlitzer for Kontakt sampler
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Thanks Diki the Mighty Wurlitzer Theater organ is a very important part of electronic keyboard history.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online